My Super Slow SS

Bizo

5200lbs? Is that your actual weight or what you also read in a magazine?

No, I didn't weight it at the track last week. What do these things really weigh in at with a 1/2 tank? Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

No, I didn't weight it at the track last week. What do these things really weigh in at with a 1/2 tank?

Not sure on the exact weight but you have to figure spare tire tow hitch gas like you said and also your own weight plus if you have different/bigger rims or bed liner/or topper. It all factors in

I weighed my truck it came out to 5600. That is with me in it, spare tire, hitch, and a half tank of gas. They say for every 100 pounds is a tenth of a second off ET.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm 200 lbs so its anywhere from 5400-5600 lbs I would say. It does have a stealth box with 12" sub and amp so maybe another 100 lbs or so. Guess I just gotta make more power. Got an email back from Wheatley yesterday so should be getting a tune within the next couple of weeks.

Yes, how ever I no longer have a spare due to my Zo6 Brake calipers.

I've raced at street weight and with out spare, tonneau cover, and tailgate. For me .1-.2 seconds doesn't make a big enough deal to strip down any time I race. At the LVD gtg, I just run street weight.

Next time out, remove you pass. side head-light if you have open element Air-filter

(IIRC you are running a K&N set-up?)

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Yes, how ever I no longer have a spare due to my Zo6 Brake calipers.I've raced at street weight and with out spare, tonneau cover, and tailgate. For me .01-.02 seconds doesn't make a big enough deal to strip down any time I race. At the LVD gtg, I just run street weight.

I agree. I was never a big believer in removing belts and sway bars to make my old fox bodies faster on track day, just not worth. I wanna a solid time that I can run consistantly and know it runs just as good on the street.

Yes, how ever I no longer have a spare due to my Zo6 Brake calipers.

I've raced at street weight and with out spare, tonneau cover, and tailgate. For me .1-.2 seconds doesn't make a big enough deal to strip down any time I race. At the LVD gtg, I just run street weight.

Next time out, remove you pass. side head-light if you have open element Air-filter

(IIRC you are running a K&N set-up?)

Ya, I'm running a K&N set up.

No, I didn't weight it at the track last week. What do these things really weigh in at with a 1/2 tank?

I weighed in at 2370kg with 1/2 tank without me in it. No spare or jack. 2370 X 2.2 = 5214lb this includes a rather heavy sub box that Paulguy made for me with 2 12s in it.

let me know next time you go to NE drag way i usually go on friday nights!

Ya. I'll let you know when I head up. Probably wont be for a few weeks though. Gotta get the tune and thermostat. I also gotta do the pitman and idler arms and right outer cv boot is torn and throwing grease everywhere. I'll take care of those next week and the tune the week after then head back up.

Also have you changed plugs and wires at all and clean the maf and throttle body? Also new fuel filter not that it will get u flying down the track but it might be go to do to get the truck running better! Just a thought!