Aeromotive 340lph Stealth Fuel Pump HELP

So im wanting to get rid of the Walbro 255 in-line kit pump and go to a "more flow" in-tank pump. I was turned onto the 340lph Stealth by another member on the forum. After reading up on it, seems to be exactly what i want. I called to get the part number for the pump I need to fit my 03 SS and ask about a plug and play harness adapter. Brett (Aeromotive tech line) told me due to the return style fuel system on the 2003s, they didnt have a pump for that application. Is that true?! I guess what are my other options if Aeromotive doesnt offer a pump for my application?

I don't have any help for you on the 340 pump, however I can tell you that I am doing the Bosch 044 pump right now and it is a pain to get it wedged into the OEM bucket! My bucket looks like swiss cheese :-)

it fits right in there. Im running one right now but mine is returnless. Are you just worried it wont fit? Im thinking about trying to stick another one in there and have duel 340s but I havent went to indepth with it yet.

Im sure it'll fit in the tank, but i have a return style fuel system and Aero told me they dont make a pump that will work with my truck. I asked John and he said that they do. He has installed them before. I just cant get a part # cuz Aero said they dont offer one when i called.

I don't really see there being a difference between the two pumps. I would compare other pumps like walbro and see if there is different part numbers for your year and mine.

^^ Is this directed at me? I dont plan on running duals. Just a single 340. Im ditching the 255 in line. I was just caught off gaurd when aeromotive said they dont offer a pump for my truck, since its an 03 with a return style fuel system. But i know of others who have installed a 340lph stealth in an 03. But like JR was saying, it can be done with running a line from the pump to the internal filter. I just wasnt sure exactly what that meant.

E85 would be nice :tear:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)