So maybe not the best place for this topic but I need help.

Intimidator194

So I just bought an 06 Intimidator SS. 80,000 mile truck, single owner, totally stock and unmolested. I hopped in it today and turned on the AC, everything on the electronic module worked fine but it wouldn't blow. I got up to about 60 and I could feel a light breeze of cool air comin out the vents but nothing more. Out of nowhere it goes to full blast AC, then stops blowing....on and off. I drove the truck to the gym, shut it off and the fan continued to blow. I took the key out, opened the door.....fans still blowing. I try turning the key on/off again and same thing. So I go into the gym for an hour, come back out and its still just blowing.... Fire the truck up and it starts with the same scharade, blows a bit then stops. It was 90 today in Texas and this isn't even hot yet.....I gotta figure out what the heck the issue is. Any help would be awesome...

I have never seen a blower motor resistor continue to work when the truck is off... Normally the resistor will only allow certain fan speeds to work, not pulsate the air coming out.

This happened with mine as I have also heard it happen with others, I had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut down.

*Topic moved to correct section*

^^ Haha yep. Get it apart and look for burnt connectors. Im sure hardwiring in a new resistor will solve the problem. But if its a recall (or maybe a TSB), there should be a repair kit that comes with a facory pigtail. Just give your dealer a call and talk to someone in parts thats been around since 2003ish.