Dont bother with this one

jsm110

Been stalking this site for awhile hoping to get a ss. Finally talked the wife into getting one. Went to hopefully purchase this one today at the dealer, 03 Blue ss w/ 95k miles. Just wanted to give heads up if anyone is looking at it dont bother. Price is high for the miles and no mods at all (nada guide is 14.2k), but its not in as good of shape as pictures appear. Front differential is making a lot of noise.They also did a great job making sure to keep all issues out of the pics. Also its been in accident. When seeing in person the passenger door clearly doesnt match the door behind it and rocker panel is twisted. Not happy since they make it appear that its clean and in good shape. Great way to waste couple hours traveling to look at it.

http://www.holidaycdj.com/used-inventory.htm?reset=InventoryListing

Im trying to find one in good shape for under 15k with under 100k miles. Problem is i got something id need to trade so unless i can sell it private party im restricted to dealers which gouge the price and not many at dealers. Guess ill be stalking for awhile still with no ss.

Thats dealers for you. they will tell you what you want to hear to get you there. I did that to many times looking for mine. I actually made the sales guy take certain pictures I requested, all the way to any rock chips and or scratches. Not just a real quick pictures, they usually spent an hour looking over the truck after I told them what to look for.

Thanks guys. Yeah ill keep checking the for sale section on here. Id rather get one from listing on this site where people know what they have. Seems like the ones at dealers are mostly owned by people who didnt treat it like a ss.

there's a few on Milwaukee's Craigslist I'll while back that I posted on here I don't know how far you would go to get one I spend months looking for mine I did drive down to Illinois to go get mine do you want to talk more you can inbox me I'm from MilwaukeeI am all over the state so if you find one you can always talk to me and I can stop and take a look at it for you or something like that I know what I'm looking for

Awesome man thanks for the help. If there was one worthwhile id travel down to Illinois. Im from Racine and have family there so im down that way from time to time anyway.

what do you guys think of this one. Obviously needs a good washing. cant believe they post it like that.

The area this thing is for sale has very dusty sandy roads so its going to be full of it. Which you can tell looking at interior pics.

post-21323-0-41224900-1368654004_thumb.jpg

Edited by chevytruckjsm (see edit history)

i dont think its too dirty. could use a good cleaning and take off the bed rails. but isnt a bad find. try to beat them up a little on the price and im sure theyll sell it. GL