Help determine lowering kit

02ws666

Hello all. Here is my new to me 2005 RWD SS. How do I determine what was done to drop it? Reason I need to know is that I want it back exactly to stock height. What should I look for? I believe its some sorta 3/4 drop but have no idea. Any ideas pros?d

Willing to crawl under the truck and take any pictures you guys would need to help me out. Thanks to everyone!

182870_10152848310035422_1626606609_n.jp181294_10152848310350422_467558369_n.jpg942252_10152848310540422_485847138_n.jpg400573_10152848309725422_1880203680_n.jp

Here is the suspension pics. Looks like it was proly a McGaughys kit. 2/4???

How do I return it to normal? Get stock spindles and reposition the leaf spring into factory mounting holes?

post-25107-13690057997_thumb.jpgpost-25107-13690058216_thumb.jpgpost-25107-136900583124_thumb.jpgpost-25107-136900583966_thumb.jpgpost-25107-136900584744_thumb.jpg

Thanks!! 2005 with less then 28k miles. One owner. Family truck so I have EVERY service receipt. I think I ended up answering my own questions, but I'd proly have to see a stock setup to truly figure out how to go about swapping the parts.

Maybe yall can answer. I have access to a 2004 AWD SS. Is the suspension the same? other then the AWD? I know I just need to replace the spindles up front. Is the rear leaf spring setup the same from 04 to 05? Regardless of AWD or RWD? If I have a reference truck this should be easy work.

The rear suspension is the same but from way back in the day when I lowered mine, I remember hearing the spindles are different 03-05 AWD to 05+ RWD. I have stock spindles for both an 04 AWD and my 05 RWD out in the garage somewhere. I'll see if I can measure them out and see for sure.

Edited by OUT2WIN (see edit history)

It's Rwd no front axles. I'd appreciate of you could check the spindles that way I know!! Should be easy work once I know. Thanks everyone!!

Yeah I should have known that, I was thinking it was awd for some reason.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

save your money here is what I would do

1) in rear set the leaf spring on the lower hole that will lift it up 1 inch

2) in rear set the leaf spring on lower hole that will lift it up 1 inch

3) in front crank the keys up

that will pretty much be free and ride better and you will have a 1/2 drop which is fine and can tow. If you want it higher I have 1 inch lifting shackles here $70 shipped and would only be 1 inch lower than stock in rear.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

I know everyone thinks I should leave it but I have to raise it back up to stock height for various reasons. Wont mind spending the money once I have it all figured out. Labor will be done by me.

I have an 04 rwd non as, but same suspension. If you're planning on returning to stock height, I'd put stock front hangers on it and spindles. Rear shackles are also aftermarket, if it were mine I'd at least leave those so it's level but 2" higher. What are your plans for the parts after you return to stock? I was wanting to lower mine just as yours is. Let me know. Also, if you were interested, maybe a deal could be made for my stock stuff?

I have an 04 rwd non as, but same suspension. If you're planning on returning to stock height, I'd put stock front hangers on it and spindles. Rear shackles are also aftermarket, if it were mine I'd at least leave those so it's level but 2" higher. What are your plans for the parts after you return to stock? I was wanting to lower mine just as yours is. Let me know. Also, if you were interested, maybe a deal could be made for my stock stuff?

Gonna go completely stock route. I also wanna prevent shipping parts back and forth. I will sell the lowering kit as a whole once it's off the truck