Dual FI SP4 15 build

Well I have been gathering up my equipment for a while and finally got everything ready.

2 FI SP4 15s D.7 Every option (Spaced Spider and Cooling)

Power bass XTA 5k (will be running about 5.5k RMS

Morel Maximo Components

Pioneer TS 3.5 coaxils

MB Quart 125.4 (125 RMS to each channel

Clarion CZ702

300 Amp Tenney ALT but may return and change to singer or DC

0 Gauge Big 3 Kit

American bass and Sky high 0 guage runs

Knu Concepts 4 guage 4 channel amp kit and 12 guage Speaker wire and 8 gauge OFC Sub wire

140 A/H Max rate battery

The box will be designed by Star Mountain or Buck and built by myself, I have about 11 cubic feet. I am doing a single seat rear so I can fit 3 people in the truck. Only goals for this setup is a 150 and 60% SPL and 40% SQ. Will get pics tomorrow. Cant wait to finish this its going to be dam loud

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Its just how I designed my box popper and its about 50/50. There's no actual way of making a ratio but just after talking to alot of people who owned these and modelled them. Enclosure is 8.0 cu ft after port, brace and displacements. Its tuned to 30 hz with 15 sq inches of port. They will get nasty low and sound awesome, I'll set up a link to it soon my doors are getting fiberglassed and a couple of things I have to do

Edited by Brunswicks SS (see edit history)

So what I am gathering is you built a box that will still perform for spl but isn't peaky. Like it still has range. That is how my box is for my 18. Has a wide range but with my one 18 I can still come close to a 150.

My understanding is no box should be peakie if built correctly and not going for competition. Little difficult to get a box to play flat most of the time though. Want to see some pics or vids!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Your all sorta right its going to be loud and sound good across the board but I'm using the term SPL as a meaning for actually feeling and how loud it is. I am not talking DBs if I wanted higher numbers I would have tuned higher, that being said the pervious owner had them tuned to 40 hz for term lab number and they actually peaked at 31 still which is insane. They are low end monsters that have great sound quality, as far as upgrades I have 2 sets of CDT HD61s, PPI 900.4, clarion EQ, 80 mil sound deadner,

And other little things

2 hcca 15's and a t4000. Running stock alt. and only 1 extra battery.

Wow I'm surprised although I still think those HCCA are so inefficient. I got a Singer 275 and its a beast. He actually local to me and I'm a local Singer dealer now, he a great guy very honest

Edited by Brunswicks SS (see edit history)