CA SS owners

chawkins6789

I'm sure it's only 2 I don't have my truck right now or I'd take a look at it for you. That sounds like a mustang rule lol.

And what shop is this, I work in bakersfield and there's tons of shops that around this side that won't give you crap. I'll to a buddy that works at smog shop incase someone tells you 4 cats are needed and I'm sure he'll get it worked out for you. I'm a few miles north of you.

I'm almost 100% sure (which I know isnt good enough lol) it's only the two after the manifolds and I think one sits lower in the exhaust system then into that y merge if it's a stock SS exhaust. And I'm sure it's only going to be the smog nazi's that'll actually do a visual which won't hold you from passing the actual smog test itself, it should be just fine with 2 on the rollers and sniffer.

I bought my 2003 SS out of California in 2009 and its totally stock and has only two cats. I bought the truck from the original owner who bought it new in Cali so I would say you are 100% good to go with two.

I just looked in the 2013 CA smog book on page 63-17. It says you should have 2 three way cats on the veh. I also checked my parts dept. and they dont list a 2004 truck with 4 cats. Let me know if you need any more assistance.