2 Cycle outboard engine oil as a fuel additive

Airborneninja

Anyone here ever heard about this? I ran across a few several year old forums discussing it, in everything from diesel trucks to Camaros, so I searched here and found nothing. I think I might try it in the SSS and the Yukon XL. The original post I found at LS1.com has over 50 pages of varying positive results, but after stalking here for the last few months I trust you fellers. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or does it regularly. Here's what I believe is the OG post from a guy called Sarge that seems legit.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f48/been-testing-oil-91206/

Love them pics

post-25120-0-11285800-1370125818_thumb.jpg

My first question is why would you try that? I don't care who said it will work or what it's good for. In my op leave the 2cycle oil for what it was made for. Wanna add something add marvel mystery oil. Or another additive that's made for mixing in a car engine.

I put a quart I 2-cycle oil into each if my 150gal tanks on my Peterbilt. The new diesel fuels are so dry it is hard on the injectors. I have been through 3 sets of injectors and the last set I had been using the oil with the fuel. The last set the o-rings where in one complete piece where the other to times the o-rings were deteriorated.

I could see using the 2-stroke oil in a diesel, or marvel oil but the marvel oil gets very expensive compared to the 2-stroke oil. But I do not see a reason to run it in a gas engine.

Yea, it seems more known at least among the diesel crowd. Canadian, yea haha I read the first few then the last few to see it has withstood the test of time. It was some convincing stuff, and it seems like it has. It does sound odd, but if you read it...

I don't think it would hurt. I'll do it. I won't be watching my fuel mileage though. I never really do haha I'll keep a ear on all the sounds and how it runs though. I completely agree with that guy on how dry our fuel is on injectors. Extra lube is always a good thing! :-)

I added 1 ounce to every 4 gallons of gas in my SSS and Yukon XL yesterday, and if it works I'll do it permanently. I'm keeping track of the mpg to see if it rises over the next few tanks of gas. It seemed smooth on the 45 minute drive to work this morning. They say it could take a few tanks though to really notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it works better than advertised. I'm using it from now on in all vehicles. Two friends have also done it with results. My Yukon XL is running like new again, and the average mpg is 7/10s. That's with corvette servos added last week, and reeaaally enjoying driving it again. I recommend it to anyone, especially high mileage vehicles, or even temporarily as a cleaner, lubricant.