flat tire

bobby25

Got a flat tire on my way to class this morning, rear passenger side. I have never taken the spare off on these trucks before so I figured it wouldn't take me too long to change it....an hour later and a few youtube vids I finally got it. Secondary latch... :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
The firs time I had to use mine, I knew about the secondary latch but the damn thing was stuck and would not unlatch. took me 2.5 hrs to get it freed... That had to have been a Ford Engineer that transferred to GM...

Amen brother I had just taken a shower and went for a ride when bam a flat tire, next thing I know I am lay Iaying. in a dirt pile on a hot humid day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Amen brother I had just taken a shower and went for a ride when bam a flat tire, next thing I know I am lay Iaying. in a dirt pile on a hot humid day. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I feel your pain, Florida is damn hot in the summer

• 2 weeks later...

I always look at it like this, if you remember the smaller donut tires or ( space saver tires) from the 80s and 90s they were only meant to be driven on at lower speeds and not highway speeds so I only use any spare just to get me to safety and then get my main tire fixed or replaced.

People used to drive those donut tires around for months even though they weren't meant for that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Day one.........picked up a Take-off set of OEM 20 silver SS rims and center caps for a Gooooooooood price in 08. Mounted an exact matching tire on one of them and carry that in the BED with a race jack. The factory spare is there for looks and extreme ( multi-flat situations) Knock on wood no need sooooo far but its there with a four way lug wrench.