NEED INFO FOR 427 PLEASE

It depends on how far your taking the power to but you will need some drivetrain upgrades to handle the power, and all the necessary supporting engine mods.

As for motor mounts, pcm, and axles they all interchange. Unless the short block has a 58 tooth reluctor wheel. Then you would have to get a conversion harness from Lingenfelter. But if you are having the motor built then make sure they put a 24tooth wheel on the crank.

Other than what is mentioned it's the same motor just more power and torque.

It depends on how far your taking the power to but you will need some drivetrain upgrades to handle the power, and all the necessary supporting engine mods.

As for motor mounts, pcm, and axles they all interchange. Unless the short block has a 58 tooth reluctor wheel. Then you would have to get a conversion harness from Lingenfelter. But if you are having the motor built then make sure they put a 24tooth wheel on the crank.

Other than what is mentioned it's the same motor just more power and torque.

ok sounds good ill prolly go with the 24 tooth but what supporting mods? and the drivetrain is all set just have to get the arp studs for the rear axle main caps and moser cover.

fuel pump and injectors, what heads have you looked into? IMO that kind of shortblock deserves a better head than a 317. a heavily built trans, huge primary headers theres so much that goes into a build like that

Make sure you figure out what heads your gonna use before you pick your cam... some ported ls3 heads or ls7 will require a different cam than a cathedral port heads... GI SS is right.. put some really nice heads on that motor..if you go cathedral port look into Trick Flow... they make some really nice, great flowing heads...if you go rectangle port look into Wegner motor sports.. I have a set of there ported ls3 heads on my 427, and made 700 hp at the crank. Just my humble opinion and good luck on your build..... Without the proper head and cam setup that 427 won't even come close to it's full potential.

IMO that kind of shortblock deserves a better head than a 317. a heavily built trans, huge primary headers theres so much that goes into a build like that

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

A new stall is something to concider as well. Mine is way lose, flashes somewhere in the 4200 range, and i feel like I'm sitting on the converter. I am more than likely going to switch to something like a 3400 so i can harness some more of the power and torque lower in the power band

I think the 230 maybe a little on the small side,a good friend of mine (Shadowsniper) ran the trickflow with the 225 runners and wished he would have gone bigger runners and he is still stock cubes. I'm far from an expert on the subject... but I know he puts countless hours of research in before he purchased them... but out grew them in a hurry. I'm hoping he will chime in. I had the same heads on my last motor and the engine builder told me they were to small for a 7.0 liter motor, and recomended the ported ls3 heads.

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

Contact Brian Tooley on the top end induction and he can get you squared away.

On the LSX block you will have some wiring adaptation. You will have to run the LS2 style front cover with the cam sensor in the front and I also believe you will have to run the Gen4 side knock sensors. Personally I would stay away from lingenfelter adapter harness. Many have had recent issues with their stuff. I would look for other suppliers for those parts. If you do not have an 4L80E already I would strongly suggest looking into it. No matter who tells you a 60E will last.... bottom line it wont! I dont care who builds it.... it is a ticking time bomb.

Fuel system will have to be addressed as said above. The rear axles are weak in factory form. A good carrier and axles would help, but lets be honest here its still a 10 bolt.

Not sure what you are doing with the overall cooling system, but a quality set of electric fans would be beneficial and if you want to make sure you stay cool an aluminum radiator would help.... but Im getting into stuff most people wouldnt pay for.

Brian Tooley FTW!

Spent hours talking to him and he has helped me on my build tremendously. Actually my whole top end is from him and can't wait to see how it does. Prices and service are the best around for sure!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)