My truck is totaled and need help

dbrandt58

My truck was totaled this passed weekend. Need help seeing what a 2003 SS with 105k miles on it is going for around my area so I don't get screwed by insurance. My time is very limited to do this plus from what I've haven't found around here there's not much around. I live in aurora Nebraska. Plus Ill be looking for another SS cause the truck has been so good to me! I prefer black but color won't matter depending what performance has been done to it. Thank you

Sorry to hear that...depending on the insurance company and if they have a decent track record on not dickn the dog you'd prob be around 15k? Maybe? This is just from what I've heard and seen come across on the forum. Either way GL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I would def try to buy it back though and sell the parts. You can make some good money parting it out on here, especially if you pick it back up for cheap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I got 18.5K for mine before tax and stuff was figured in last December, 2004 with 95K. I bought it back for $2800. They tend to run more in this area though, plus I had a few dealers with really inflated prices on theirs that helped quite a bit.

I had a 2dr tahoe that they tried to use kbb value for which was like 2500 because I had 185k on it. I said no and negotiated with them pulling compariables on the net and printed them off and showed them what the rarer 2drs were worth and they bumped it up to 3800. So I think if you do a little leg work you usually can negotiate a little . just my .02

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows how long this takes? They offered me 14,600 for it. I'm still fighting for 16,300. Got told today it's on hold cause they need to talk to my GF which who was driving it. Plus they tried to get me to sign for a power of attorney to pay what lil bit I owe for it off?

The only advice I can give you is you can talk to a lawyer and see what they think. They deal with this all the time and might have some pull. Otherwise ask to speak with a supervisor, tell them what makes your truck worth what you say. They wont take you saying there are trucks like mine selling for this much, that normally never works. It didnt for me.

It took me 2 months before I got a check, but It wasnt my insurance company either, the ladys insurance was dragging there feet. Normally you should have a check within a week after they total it if they mail it. Otherwise within 2 days if you go to the office.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)