Plugs and wires....what do u guys recommend?

1skss

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna order Taylor's and ngk's in about 2-3weeks. Trying to get her all tuned up ready for a Cali trip soon.

Oh Please do not buy the Taylor 409's.

I had a set for 30,000 miles and they caused a miss fire that end with a blown head gasket.

RUN from them!!

CD

I just bought a set of NGK TR55 and I'll probably just use some GM red stocks wires off an ls3 I have laying around for now. Even thinking about throwing the LT's I have since I'll have some parts off.

What's everyone gapping the TR55's at? Store called for .040

Did you get the copper TR55 or the iridium TR55IX? Like Fireman said if iridium don't gap them they come ready to go out the box, if you got the standard TR55 copper ones and your truck is a 06 yes .040 is what your truck calls for.

I had Taylors on for approx 500 miles and went to take the coils off and two boots ripped off cause they wouldnt come off the plugs. I have heard of this before with them

Had MSDs since and never looked back. Also the MSDs have bendable boots

Same thing happened to me in my FBody, maybe less then 500 miles and the boots tore. It surprised me when I saw lots of people here with good results, was thinking about giving them another try.

I had Taylors on for approx 500 miles and went to take the coils off and two boots ripped off cause they wouldnt come off the plugs. I have heard of this before with them

Same here, tried removing my Taylors cold with plenty of di-electric grease at install, even twisted them 1st to "unseat" them off plug, gentle even pressure and snap, like 6 out of 8 boots ripped off. This was after same: like 800 miles.

NGK TR6ix here with AC Delco OEm wires with a warranty lol

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)