Got my Circle D 3200 converter installed

It made an impressive difference. Roads were a little wet yesterday, and doing AWD burnouts was pretty fun. It won't light the tires like my Duramax, but it does alright. I had to shim my converter to .125" of end play.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I ask is my setup is similar except I have a high flow water pump,slp 160 stat and aem c.a.i I was thinking close to that myself thinking cam and heads next I'm not sure after that I might be happy for a while

I drive my 4500 all the time, to work, to the track, city, highway, going to pick my 3 year old up in it now. Don't fear a stall. After a couple of days driving a 3400, you'll forget you even have it. Just keep the trans cool. Unless you tow

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I drive my 4500 all the time, to work, to the track, city, highway, going to pick my 3 year old up in it now. Don't fear a stall. After a couple of days driving a 3400, you'll forget you even have it. Just keep the trans cool. Unless you tow

Well said.

Hows the drivability of it? ie from idle is it pretty tight? I am looking at converters and am worried I wont like the streetability of a stall

like said earlier this week don't go cheep a good converter will move your truck under the stall rpm a cheap one and you'll have nothing until your stall rpm. I got a yank ss3200 and love it it was like 750.00. there are a lot of guys here that love there circle d converters that's a little less money so that would be another good choice I'm not sure about any others there maybe a couple other guys that will respond

Hows the drivability of it? ie from idle is it pretty tight? I am looking at converters and am worried I wont like the streetability of a stall

It will take some getting used to. Part throttle driving is around 2500 rpms now. It is different. Mine is not tight at all from idle, but I asked Chris to set it up loose. It hits hard though right at 3200-3300.

perfect! Exactly what I needed to hear. Only thing I tow is two pwc at heaviest maybe 2k lbs. Planning on a multi 10" 3k

Edited by wantaSSS (see edit history)