Got my Circle D 3200 converter installed

I'm sure you will like it. It takes a little time to get use to. If my truck was only a track truck I would have went higher. But I think a 3k gave me the best of both worlds. It will rip ass off the line has plenty of passing gear and I can drive 30mph when I have to. You can put a stall in a stock SS and get a huge kick in the ass.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you will like it. It takes a little time to get use to. If my truck was only a track truck I would have went higher. But I think a 3k gave me the best of both worlds. It will rip ass off the line has plenty of passing gear and I can drive 30mph when I have to. You can put a stall in a stock SS and get a huge kick in the ass.

Would a good stall in a stock ss get you in the 5s 0-60 range?

I'm not sure about that. If you can get good traction id say you would be close. A good stall you will def feel it. Alot of guys have some really fast trucks but can't stop from blowing the tires off. If its 2wd stock a few bolt ons and a 3k stall your gonna have a pretty hard time launching it without spinning

• 2 weeks later...

Bolt ons and no stall I was spinning. I can't wait to see how easy it will blow them off with the 3600

I would be looking for ways to get traction rather than how easy it will break loose

Not sure if I should edit this post or not.....jk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I guess I set myself up for that one huh lmao. Let me say it the uncool way... I want to spin all 4 of my tires lol. Man it would be awesome to be able to do awd burnouts.. poor poor front diff

I put a 3k stall in my truck with my 80E swap. I really notice it when backing up. Keep in mind, the 80E has a much higher first gear, so it's a bit noticeable there too.

It's very tolerable for a semi-daily driver. I went with the SS3000 from Yank.

like said earlier this week don't go cheep a good converter will move your truck under the stall rpm a cheap one and you'll have nothing until your stall rpm. I got a yank ss3200 and love it it was like 750.00. there are a lot of guys here that love there circle d converters that's a little less money so that would be another good choice I'm not sure about any others there maybe a couple other guys that will respond

Sorry to crap on your post, but telling anyone a cheap converter will only move at its stall speed is all kinds of wrong.

It is all a guessing game based on the customer answering a number of questions to arrive at which pump cover, stator, and lockup clutch parts and sizes to be used. Also the intended purpose of the vehicle the converter is being built for.

I guess I set myself up for that one huh lmao. Let me say it the uncool way... I want to spin all 4 of my tires lol. Man it would be awesome to be able to do awd burnouts.. poor poor front diff

I can do it. I think id rather have more traction. Our track is pretty crappy. I can spin them at will from a stop at any light or stop sign but id rather not lol.

I can do it. I think id rather have more traction. Our track is pretty crappy. I can spin them at will from a stop at any light or stop sign but id rather not lol.

What kinda ponies you pushin? 500+?