X link weird issue

8hnpSS

ok so i have the 3.0 x link and its been giving me a really weird issue. if i let the truck sit for more than 2 - 3 hours it will start up in REP mode. all of the connectors are in and white clips are on. now if i turn the truck off and unplug the X harness and plug it back in it goes away. does this EVERY time and its getting a bit annoying. wont go into REP mode at WOT or nothing ive gone on 3 hour drives with the truck and its fine. idk what else to do with it the truck is tuned and running strong. any suggestions would be good

Does your radio lose the correct time? Radio preset? Might be another power issues?? Maybe your TAC box is going out??

nope time and presets are always correct. no idea about the tac box tho

My x-link has been doing the same thing... TQrush has some trouble shooting on their page you can follow... I did all of it and checked everything and the truck ran great once I cleared the code and it would not REP when driving no matter how long and hard I drove her only came on at startup occasionally LOL. I emailed TQrush and they said that sometimes the TAC and PCM turn on at slightly different times when you key on and let it sit and fuel pump prime for a second which in-turn causes a REP fault due to the voltage being different for a slight second... To correct this I make sure to insert the key, turn and start immediatley which seems to work so far so good for the last few weeks with no REP...

My x-link has been doing the same thing... TQrush has some trouble shooting on their page you can follow... I did all of it and checked everything and the truck ran great once I cleared the code and it would not REP when driving no matter how long and hard I drove her only came on at startup occasionally LOL. I emailed TQrush and they said that sometimes the TAC and PCM turn on at slightly different times when you key on and let it sit and fuel pump prime for a second which in-turn causes a REP fault due to the voltage being different for a slight second... To correct this I make sure to insert the key, turn and start immediatley which seems to work so far so good for the last few weeks with no REP...

oh yea. ive been inserting the key and just going to the key on position to see if it goes REP or not. i guess ill try just starting it up tomorrow morning. but also if it goes into REP i just go out and unplug the harness and re connect it. once i put the key back REP is gone. this works every time just a bit annoying when its late out or in a rush. thanks for the info!

Edited by 8hnpSS (see edit history)

Damn sorry to hear that... Make sure you have a full charge on your battery... Also go get it load tested too... A weak battery will cause REP with the X-link even if it test good with a multimeter, under load it may have a weak cell.

i have an optima yellow top. i mean its getting old its going on 6 years now but the truck still cranks after over a month of sitting in the winter.

i had REP mode problems and switched to a ls2 car style throttle body from a tbss and haven't had problems since.

i have a car LS2 from a GTO lol

what i do notice sometimes tho is when i turn the truck off while a cd is playing it starts up on a radio station instead of continuing the cd from where it was left off. idk if that means theres an electrical loss somewhere?

what i do notice sometimes tho is when i turn the truck off while a cd is playing it starts up on a radio station instead of continuing the cd from where it was left off. idk if that means theres an electrical loss somewhere?

do you lose time or presets stations?