Looking to change out my corsa

MID12sSSS

Ive currently got a full corsa sport header-back exhaust installed on my truck. The previous owner gutted the cats and it "cackles" real bad. It doesnt have the good clean tone im looking for. Ive recently put in resonators that helped out quite a bit, but still not where i want it. I plan on keeping all the pipes and corsa tip, i just wanna swap out the corsa muffler. Its aged and worn out and sounds like crap. Haha. I was thinking of doing a 3in 3out straight magnaflow or borla. The corsa muffler is very large so im sure ill be adding a little bit of pipe to make it all mock up. Anyone got any other muffler suggestions/favorites?

Call corsa and see if they'll warrinty it out, then you can sell the new muffler if you want. Thats the only thing i didnt like when i had longtubes and the corsa touring even bearly accelerating you could hear the nasty rasp, trew some hi-fow cats and that fixed my problem. Sounds great now on my stock 4.8L, i didnt want an obnoxious sounding muffler.

I would recommend the 22" case magnaflow, wont be too loud and a nice tone also.

Call corsa and see if they'll warrinty it out, then you can sell the new muffler if you want. Thats the only thing i didnt like when i had longtubes and the corsa touring even bearly accelerating you could hear the nasty rasp, trew some hi-fow cats and that fixed my problem. Sounds great now on my stock 4.8L, i didnt want an obnoxious sounding muffler.

I would recommend the 22" case magnaflow, wont be too loud and a nice tone also.

Thank you! Ill look into the 22" magnaflow. Ill also call corsa. Thatd be awesome if they sent me a brand new one. I just hope that fixes the problem. Im getting that terrible rasp sound as well.

BTW, you ever come across another set of SLX96 billet wheels like the ones you bought or any other nice ones for that matter, be sure to let me know :thumbs:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

X2 on the 22" magnaflow DI/DO it sounds great, nice tone

some member is selling his Corsa muffler, I asked how many miles on it but just awaiting a response (I am willing to pay more than his asking price if mileage is right). Go check out the f/s section. Corsa was very helpful when I spoke to them about my certain needs.

I saw there was one for sale. Lots of people inquired about it and he dropped off the face of the earth. Lol. Maybe he sold it and decided not to tell anybody?

Exactly, that's what has me sketched if I throw more money at him than his asking price. Here one day, gone the next. Oh well nothing wrong with a new factory Corsa while another setup is in the works.

edit - check out the Borla sportsman XR-1 muffler. Those are si/so just like the Corsa.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Maybe im missing something, but since when did Corsa come with cats? Isnt that why their systems are called "cat back" ??

well said briana

i have long tubes no cats going into a corsa sport. i couldn't be happier. quiet low end and nasty WOT