My turbo build

Link2603

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not trying to regulate anything that low. My original plan was to build a low compression high boost motor but I talked myself out of it.

This is how mine is. Just my cubes are only 370. My compression is only 8.8:1. High boost would be easy. You just need LOTS of fuel. E85 would be a nice addition. I'm in to see this build.

This is how mine is. Just my cubes are only 370. My compression is only 8.8:1. High boost would be easy. You just need LOTS of fuel. E85 would be a nice addition. I'm in to see this build.

8:8:1 how is that thing run when it's not in boost. Chief the guy that's on street outlaws truck is a low compression high boost motor with e85. It makes a lot of horsepower but takes a good second to get the turbo spooled up. Watching his truck run around here made me reconsider a low compression motor.

With my 3k stall it does pretty good. It might be a little sluggish. I am running a t76 turbo with a .96ar exhaust. From a dead idle I can stomp on it and it will start laying all four tires out in about half a truck length. I would do it the same way again, but I would make sure I had enough fuel to turn the boost way up the first time. Now I am getting ready to do the fuel system again. I have a video on here some where that shows my truck at the track in full street trim. You can see there is zero boost lag when you brake stall it. It launches hard!

Your list of parts looks great. I used many of the same parts.

The a2a I bought a 31x12x3 from cx racing and notched my front frame rails to fit it. It keeps my temps WAY down.

A suggestion. Is to buy a arp header stud set. It is way easier to put your turbo manifolds on. I have had my turbo setup on and off so many times and those studs are nice to deal with.

Your list of parts looks great. I used many of the same parts.

The a2a I bought a 31x12x3 from cx racing and notched my front frame rails to fit it. It keeps my temps WAY down.

A suggestion. Is to buy a arp header stud set. It is way easier to put your turbo manifolds on. I have had my turbo setup on and off so many times and those studs are nice to deal with.

Cx racing is where I bought the intercooler for my setup as well. I will look into finding a set of studs for the headers.

• 2 weeks later...

looking good ! there is no secret to e85 all you need is 30% more fuel and pump then what you would normally run . i run 2 -255 walbro's with a -8 feed line into billet ls1 fuel rails that feed the bosch 127# injectors , at the back of the second rail i got a aeromotive regulator into a -6 return line, its pretty straight forward. i did a build thread on my fuel system a while back if you want to dig for it in the build section. with my new turbo set up i think the 255's will be tapped b4 i can turn it up to where i want it so im thinking of getting 2 walbro 400's and call it good .

looking good ! there is no secret to e85 all you need is 30% more fuel and pump then what you would normally run . i run 2 -255 walbro's with a -8 feed line into billet ls1 fuel rails that feed the bosch 127# injectors , at the back of the second rail i got a aeromotive regulator into a -6 return line, its pretty straight forward. i did a build thread on my fuel system a while back if you want to dig for it in the build section. with my new turbo set up i think the 255's will be tapped b4 i can turn it up to where i want it so im thinking of getting 2 walbro 400's and call it good .

I bought a pair of walbro 450lph e85 pumps. Before you wrote this I pretty much bought everything you were saying except im probably going to be going with 150lb

Injectors. At least I know I was thinking on the right track now.

• 2 weeks later...