My turbo build

Link2603

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man you've got some work ahead you this. Good thing your able to get all these things addressed,

Cuz with the power your gonna make it would soon go out.

I guess I've been living under a rock lol but that street outlaws show or what ever it's called is a tv show on discovery channel lol. I even saw them on the xs power website when checking out there batteries. And apparently they were out in Compton looking for a street race. I know 1320 video was out this way, and apparently they made there way out to this real nice spot I use to run at, right down the street from an ol friends house. They've got a real nice street, and you can get 9 second track cars too hook out there.

Anyways hope you get a chance at a friendly rece with them, and blow there doors off lol.

• 3 weeks later...
updates on this build!! Id like to see some more up close pics of the turbo setup and how you routed everything. which parts you used on the kit you made. its veryyyyyy interestinggggg to me... :troll:

Truck is up and running but only been able to give it 50% throttle. I have a slight vibration coming from my front driveshaft u joint that I'm having fixed. I'm stuck in New Jersey until the first of feb so I won't be able to do anything for awhile. The turbo setup is just a flipped manifold setup. Waste gates are vented to the down pipes. It has 2 1/2" downpipes right now which I'm thinking about having a set of 3" made. I'm a little worried about controlling my boost with such small downpipes and also havering the wastegates vented to them. Any questions you have just ask away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/link2603/media/SSvsCharger-1.mp4.html Update: Here's a video of the truck running a couple if weeks ago. Ran a [email protected]. I Haven't got a chance to run again but might be able to this Friday. This was on 15lbs I believe. The truck is running on 20lbs now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Link2603 (see edit history)

Truck sounds good! It looks like it is moving around a lot off the line and breaking loose. Then it kinda looks like it is breaking loose when you hit second? Is that my imagination? Pretty impressive!

I haven't had a lot of experience boost launching the truck. This is the 4th pass I've ever made in the truck built the way it is. I didn't even break a 1.9 60' on this run. With time I ll get it down. With my old supercharger I always just brought it off idle and I could always at Least pull a 1.8 like that but most of the time it was around a 1.7. I just need more experience or a launch controller lol.

yeah I know. I think you guys are confusing the chargers exhaust as mine. My truck is really......really quite, I cant even hear in that video. At idle it sounds like it might a baby cam in it or it might just be missing. I've seen a couple videos my friends had on me running down the track and its really hard to hear the turbos. When I'm in my truck I can hear the turbos just fine and I assumed that is what everyone else hears, but I guess not. I didn't build a sleeper on purpose it just happened that way.

I don't think a 2-step would help you leaving the line, since you are already having traction problems. You are building plenty of power off the line. You just need tires and suspension work.

As for the sound, that could be what we were hearing. Are you running the stock exhaust? My single turbo is actually really quiet until you get the boost up above 10psi. Then you really hear the turbo making noise. There is an OLD video on here somewhere of my truck at the track making a single pass from half track(the video I mean). It is a 4" exhaust with a mbrp muffler and I had the boost at 13psi and you really hear the turbo when the truck goes by.

I think a sleeper would be fun. It really makes people pay attention after their 80k dollar cars get their doors blown off.

I'm running 2 1/2 dual magnaflow. I ll be running dual 3" soon. Is your wastgate vented back to your down pipe? When I had the supercharger on it was much louder.

Yeah I agree I need new tires for sure. These nitro 420's spin hard on anything over a 3 psi launch.