Whats up guys? Finally got around to installing my new IC tank from Johns group buy. Also installed a Volant ram air kit thats been collecting dust. Thought id share..

tank1_zpsd102cba6.jpg

tank2_zps491613f1.jpg

tank4_zpsb9602660.jpg

tank5_zpse20afe2c.jpg

tank6_zps6cf965d3.jpg

tank7_zps752994f9.jpg

Also threw this kit on. Its pretty cool. Turns your brake duct into a fresh air scoop.

ramair_zpsd0164417.jpg

1448f383-16f8-4f7f-bb77-b7ef7d8b1a32_zps761dc3cc.jpg

ramair5_zps0aeedf8f.jpg

ramair2_zpsa9ab8e2a.jpg

ramair3_zps790a3c0d.jpg

ramair6_zps691d0ac3.jpg

Looks good man but I have 2 questions,

1). How did you plumb your hoses?

2). Are the only thing really holding that tank in are the 3 sheet metal screws and that little tab by the fender?.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Looks great bro. Now our trucks look alot more alike lol. :jester:

Haha yeah. If I have a twin on this forum, its yours. Lol.

2). Are the only thing really holding that tank in are the 3 sheet metal screws and that little tab by the fender?.

Yes. I grabbed 3 wider, more stout self tappers (but I'm sure the ones John supplied will work just fine).

And then that tab is adjustable, so set it to the height so that my tank was level. It is very stout. It's not going anywhere. If you wanted to, you could also secure that tab to the pinch weld with a bolt/screw. It looks good too.

I also ordered a radix spacer from ray. Ill take more pics for that install too.

I hope so! Been working with zippy every other day. He's building a race only tune. With that, short tires, my radix spacer and 102mm TB, I'm hoping for high 11s this summer! :thumbs:

As far as routing, I ran a line from the bottom fitting on the tank to my pump, my pump to one heat exchanger, then from that one to the next heat exchanger, then to one side of the blower, and lastly a line from the outside of the blower to the top fitting on the tank... If that makes sense.

As far as routing, I ran a line from the bottom fitting on the tank to my pump, my pump to one heat exchanger, then from that one to the next heat exchanger, then to one side of the blower, and lastly a line from the outside of the blower to the top fitting on the tank... If that makes sense.

thanks for the info it sounds like I would only need to make 2 or 3 connection changes.

Let me know how those mods work for you Zippy is trying to get me to do the same mods.

Looks good Brandon. Curious how much of a diff that Volant scoop will make.

Yeah. I don't know. Maybe a little more air than the factory fender scoop. If the box is sealed up tight, it'd work well for the track. But in gonna have to get a prefilter. If it rains, ill be sucking water. But it's been super hot lately so I figured I'd throw it on.

thanks for the info it sounds like I would only need to make 2 or 3 connection changes.

Let me know how those mods work for you Zippy is trying to get me to do the same mods.

Yeah man. Supposedly good for another 2psi. But the biggest part is it'll run more efficiently and lower IATs. I'm sure its an easy bolt on 50hp.

But it's definitely not cheap. 102mm TB is $500-600 + a core and the spacer was $496.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Looks good Brandon. Curious how much of a diff that Volant scoop will make.

Yeah. I don't know. Maybe a little more air than the factory fender scoop. If the box is sealed up tight, it'd work well for the track. But in gonna have to get a prefilter. If it rains, ill be sucking water. But it's been super got lately so I figured I'd throw it on. thanks for the info it sounds like I would only need to make 2 or 3 connection changes.

Yeah man. Supposedly good for another 2psi. But the biggest part is it'll run more efficiently its lower IATs. I'm sure its an easy bolt on 50hp. But it's definitely not cheap. 102mm TB is $500-600 and the spacer was $496.

are you sending in your 90 mm tb to have it opened up to a 102mm?.