curious to know what the IAT difference is so far since the tank. i had the volant scoop i didnt even notice a degree of difference. when i had my radix my IATs were through the roof all the time. cruising around town they were ~50 above ambient.

curious to know what the IAT difference is so far since the tank. i had the volant scoop i didnt even notice a degree of difference. when i had my radix my IATs were through the roof all the time. cruising around town they were ~50 above ambient.

Yeah. Its still too early to say. But in 90 degree whether, my IATs were reading 140. Frickin crazy! Lately its been around 70 and my IATs are reading 90. So it went from 50 above ambient to 20 above ambient. But i wanna see if thats consistant or just coincidence. I have 2 heat exchangers up front, but might ditch the second one. John said it probably wasnt helping much anyway. Plus that'll make more room for my 40k cooler i have yet to install.

Like i said, ill be sure to let you guys know how the spacer install goes. Gotta pull the blower, split it, put the spacer between the head unit and intake manifold, and put the blower back. Should be pretty straight forward, just a little time consuming. But im expecting the most gains to come out of it.

Dude where do I get a plexi cover for my Volant mine would need to have red Ss on it anybody know let me know what's up????

I made the plexi cover myself. I was tired of that ugly, scratched up Volant cover. I had the SS stickers made locally. I could make 4 or 5 to offer forum members with sticker color of their choice. I opened a thread awhile ago gauging interest and a few members said they'd want one. But the stickers are like $15 a piece and the plexi is like $20 a sheet for the good stuff. I wanted to perfect it before i go offering it to people. Especially with a price tag of $45-$50 shipped. Its gotta be perfect.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

One thing im wanting to do is ditch the magnacharger CAI tubing (picture 5 will give you a good look at it). I dont need the MAF anymore with the SD tune and a buddy of mine pointed out its a restriction. So i wanna get a one piece pipe to delete the MAF, that ugly ribbed flex tubing, and the plastic CAI tube. So its one clean, smooth (polished or painted) intake tube from the airbox to the throttle body. Looking for something along the lines of Dave's (usabodygaurd's). Is this something that needs to be built? Or can it be bought?

1002tr_022004_chevy_silveradoengine_bay_zps29885dfc.jpg

your tube exits differently it comes off the side. but you could just have an exhaust shop mandrel bend you a piece of aluminum piping. that would probably be your cheapest most efficient way of doing it

One thing im wanting to do is ditch the magnacharger CAI tubing (picture 5 will give you a good look at it). I dont need the MAF anymore with the SD tune and a buddy of mine pointed out its a restriction. So i wanna get a one piece pipe to delete the MAF, that ugly ribbed flex tubing, and the plastic CAI tube. So its one clean, smooth (polished or painted) intake tube from the airbox to the throttle body. Looking for something along the lines of Dave's (usabodygaurd's). Is this something that needs to be built? Or can it be bought?

Just gut out your MAF... I went to the junk yard and bought one for $15 and descreened it and hollowed it out completely cause I am also SD... I am definatly curious about your IAT's after that spacer install... Right now I am running about 115-125' on a cruise at 75-80' ambient temp... I see as high as 145-150' getting into it

Just gut out your MAF... I went to the junk yard and bought one for $15 and descreened it and hollowed it out completely cause I am also SD... I am definatly curious about your IAT's after that spacer install... Right now I am running about 115-125' on a cruise at 75-80' ambient temp... I see as high as 145-150' getting into it

Its already gutted. Ive seen several google images of MP112s and one guy had a one-piece polished aluminum pipe from the blower to the airbox with no MAF. Im gonna try to build/find one. But ill scuff it and paint it black to match the blower.

Ill keep you updated on the spacer install. I bought the last one from Ray's batch. Im sure he'll make more soon. They're pretty spendy but ive heard great things about them so i figured id give it a shot. Should be here any day and ill take lots of pics and let you know of any gains.

Its already gutted. Ive seen several google images of MP112s and one guy had a one-piece polished aluminum pipe from the blower to the airbox with no MAF. Im gonna try to build/find one. But ill scuff it and paint it black to match the blower.

Ill keep you updated on the spacer install. I bought the last one from Ray's batch. Im sure he'll make more soon. They're pretty spendy but ive heard great things about them so i figured id give it a shot. Should be here any day and ill take lots of pics and let you know of any gains.

Picks of install and the spacer would be awesome bro... :) I was going to buy one too from him this spring but ran out of funds... If it drastically reduces IAT's I will for sure get one...