Pacesetter Header Question

SShanks

I have a '05 AWD SS. Right now it has on a set of Headman short tube headers. I would like to put on some long tube headers and I've read some good things about Pacesetters for our trucks. My question is has anyone with AWD had any luck with their headers and has any been able to use their off road y-pipe? I've tried to seach for the info on here but I haven't seen a straight answer about fitment issues. Right now coming off of the header collectors I have 3" exhaust pipe running into an X-pipe, then pipes running to the back of the truck. I'm also trying to figure out if I could just re-use the existing exhaust pipe and keep the X-pipe in place. I know the long tubes collectors extend farther back than the shortys so I would probably have to cut and re-weld flanges onto my existing pipes. If any one on here has any experience with this I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I can also post some pics of my exhaust set up if that would clear up what I'm talking about. Thanks. -Josh

The pacesetter headers will either have to have flanges welded to them, as they come as a slip fit collector. Otherwise I dont see whay your Off road Y wouldnt fit. I know alot of times the passenger side collector does have to be trimmed to fit. It wont be a direct fit, there will be some light tweaking.

The pacesetter headers will either have to have flanges welded to them, as they come as a slip fit collector. Otherwise I dont see whay your Off road Y wouldnt fit. I know alot of times the passenger side collector does have to be trimmed to fit. It wont be a direct fit, there will be some light tweaking.

I don't have a y-pipe. I have a pipe going from each header down to a x-pipe. True duals. If the pacesetter ORY would work I would just use it in place of the x-pipe then just dump after a muffler. But then again, I have the x-pipe already in place so that would be a waste. So there lies the problem. Lol.

I would keep the X pipe, It will work alot better with exhaust gas scavenging.

I probably should. Guess I'll just have to do a little fab work to get the right fit. That'll give me something to do at work when I hqve to work graveyard. Glass half full...

Keep the x if your muffler doesn't have one but I like custom myself. I have dual 2.5 all the way back and dumped sounds awesome. I also have it flanged by the crossmember.