WTF? Someone want to buy my tailgate off CL

D1SCSS

I was searching Craigslist lastnight and ran across a great deal on a NICE CLEAN tailgate and noticed the plate number is mine! I tried to call this guy with no answer. Just be carefull when dealing with CL.... Here is the add...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/3932698723.html

Thats Bad when someone is trying to sell something they have not stolen yet>>>

If you did not take the Pics, Watch your stuff brother, Because it looks like it is parked at your house...

I think I would inform the Police of this easy way to catch him...

Atleast the tailgate was clean for the pictures. LOL!

Yeah thats frickin insane!! Ive never seen that before! Maybe he's got one like it thats for sale, and just used these as stock photos. Maybe he found them on google? Or maybe he is indeed planning to steal it right off your truck and sell it for $200 if he gets a buyer lined up. Thats hilarious! You need to call and say you have an arrival blue SS and are looking for a new tailgate cuz yours got damaged. See if your shit gets stolen. Lol. He'll bring it right back to you wanting $200, and thats when you have the cops waiting in the bushes. Haha. Or text him and ask if he has other pictures of the tailgate. This is weird!!!

I've ran across stuff like this before. I saw a CL ad a few months ago about a guy trying to sell "his" blue SS rcsb clone. I clicked on it and thought the picture looked familiar. So I logged onto this website and found out it was a picture of Ruben's old SS clone that he totalled years back haha the guy had used the picture straight off of this site or google or something. I posted it on here to I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I've ran across stuff like this before. I saw a CL ad a few months ago about a guy trying to sell "his" blue SS rcsb clone. I clicked on it and thought the picture looked familiar. So I logged onto this website and found out it was a picture of Ruben's old SS clone that he totalled years back haha the guy had used the picture straight off of this site or google or something. I posted it on here to I think. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

What do people expect to accomplish from stuff like this? Scam people into transfering them thousands of dollars on a promise that you'll deliver them their vehicle in the mail because you are in a different country? Who is that stupid? I was in search for a puppy for my girlfriend a few weeks back, and someone was selling siberian husky puppies for like $250. So i texted them inquiring about the puppies, and they give me this long story about how they are in Missouri and how they will ship the dog to me in AK as soon as i transfer the funds. Give me a f*ckin break!

What do people expect to accomplish from stuff like this? Scam people into transfering them thousands of dollars on a promise that you'll deliver them their vehicle in the mail because you are in a different country? Who is that stupid? I was in search for a puppy for my girlfriend a few weeks back, and someone was selling siberian husky puppies for like $250. So i texted them inquiring about the puppies, and they give me this long story about how they are in Missouri and how they will ship the dog to me in AK as soon as i transfer the funds. Give me a f*ckin break!

Yeah, I can't stand ads or people like that. Or I run across ads ALL the time for brand new cars like 2010 and up for like $3000 or something stupid cheap and all they have is a shady sounding Gmail email address and barely any info on the vehicle. And all the pics are professional looking and on a car lot and its like if it was really a car lot selling it, they'd have a phone number and a buttload of info on the car. It's like....really? Don't you have anything better to do? My guess is its probably some drug addict thief sitting at home collecting unemployment trying to scam people for some quick cash line of crack. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Edited by SSilverBeast (see edit history)

Holly Crap!!!! I live in the area where the add is from and my sss is blue. I got a big old scratch from one end to the next and the end piece is all messed up from loading and unloading the dirt bikes for the past nine and a half years. I think I will call to check what's up. :huh:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Some strange ass $hit! Just got off the phone with "Tim" and he said he sold it already. I asked him what about the rest if the truck and he replied he only had the tailgate. I told him I am looking for other pieces and he hung up. WTF! !

Looks like I am going to be missing a tailgate!! :angry:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2