Bose Upgrade

At some point I'll be doing a full install in this truck like I have for every car/truck i've owned since 1994, But at the moment I'm looking at just a quick little upgrade

has anyone upgraded the factory sub in the Bose system? I am guessing its a 6 inch 2 ohm driver that is mounted some place in the arm rest / console area?

Though it might be a little improvement till later in the year when I have time to do a full setup.

Thanks

Brandon

i believe it is a 6", and it is mounted inside the console iirc. i read several threads before where people said if you just replace the factory bose amp, even with a shitty ~$30 one..it improves the bass and overall sound dramatically ! may be something to look in to for a cheap upgrade imo

I'll take a look into that, just not sure how you would integrate an aftermarket amp into the factory sub and tweet since I don't think they have independent xover box's like most component sets would

I forget, and also don't know, what they did.. But i think it was just remove the seats & center console to access the amp which sits under the console. Then just unwired, removed, placed new one, and rewired

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Take the screws out for the center console and remove the inside box. The blows im mean bose amp is under there. Just replcing the shitty speakers it sounds way better with the stock amp. IIRC it is a 6" DVC 8 ohm driver in a ported plastic housing.

Take the screws out for the center console and remove the inside box. The blows im mean bose amp is under there. Just replcing the shitty speakers it sounds way better with the stock amp. IIRC it is a 6" DVC 8 ohm driver in a ported plastic housing.

This is cool info. Sounds like a pretty cheap and easy upgrade. :cheers: to W-6

this is just a quick and easy fix for now. Now to find a decent 6 inch 8 ohm driver that is worth putting in for the time being .. in the long run I'm going to be replacing everything but this is just a fix for the moment thanks