blueprint engines

Has anyone here ever look into bluprintengines? They have a sweet drop in ls 427 yeah it's 9 grand but pretty much complete. The thing makes 625 hp and 565 ft lbs! So if anyone has any experience with this builder lets hear what ya have to say. What do you think would have too be done tranny wise in a stock 05 awd ss? Just curious on this I think it would be a crazy build and it's cheaper than a gm crate motor. Already dyno tested and you send in your ecm and they will program it for you at no extra charge. I will seriously consider this in a few years if every one on here thinks it sounds like a decent product.

Edited by new2ss (see edit history)

I have found out one thing for sure that needs to be changed is the reluctor wheel from the 24x to the 58x. I found a conversion kit that lingenfelter has that will fix this issue. it's not bad at $250 or so.What else can you think of that will need to be changed chawkins6789?

Yeah I can see the accessory stuff being a bit different but the knock sensors? What's the difference gonna be there? Not questioning you just curious and digging for info. lol

I have found out one thing for sure that needs to be changed is the reluctor wheel from the 24x to the 58x. I found a conversion kit that lingenfelter has that will fix this issue. it's not bad at $250 or so.What else can you think of that will need to be changed chawkins6789?

A little off topic but do they make a conversation kit that would allow you to run 6l80 behind a lq9?

Yeah I can see the accessory stuff being a bit different but the knock sensors? What's the difference gonna be there? Not questioning you just curious and digging for info. lol

On gen 4s they are on either side of the block instead of under the intake manifold

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Ahhhh I see thanks dude that's a huge help chawkins6789! I will read through that stuff it may be a little while before I actually do this.I would rather know what I am in for before I really get serious. Any more info would be a great help. What do you think about doing this? Good idea, bad idea, not worth the trouble or go another route? What?

I really wonder what the rest of the drive train will stand though? I mean we are talking nearly double the power the lq9 is putting out now. I don't believe the 4l65 can stand that much for very long and I have no idea what the awd system can stand. Surely someone on here has a good idea. Yeah that would probably be about the easiest thing to do is find another harness.

Edited by new2ss (see edit history)

I'm curious as well, I want the cubes of a 427 but also want my MP112 blower still, or upgrade to a TVS, but I was looking at this motor or a Texas Speed LSX 427 motor, and was wondering what all I'd need on coversion wise...