2003 SS in CT

skymynx

Name is Mike. I picked up a 2003 Silverado SS this previous weekend. I really enjoy working / restoring cars so I picked one up for dirt cheap. The body is in extremely rough shape and has some styling I'm not a fan of, but is a good candidate. Has 147k miles on it and seems to drive fairly well. So far I've only ordered a factory SS bumper cover and a new tailgate handle assembly as it was missing. Shopping around now to have the truck painted. Not sure on the color. My wife really wants a black cherry pearl, but I'm leaning towards a blue metallic color.

Silverado #1

Silverado #2

Silverado #3

Silverado #4

Silverado #5

Silverado #6

Edited by skymynx (see edit history)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome do you have any pics

I've figured out how to upload pictures. Edited original post.

Where in Ct are you from? Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Next to UConn

Welcome

Sound like it will be a fun project. It think it would be pretty sweet to paint it another color

Yea it's a functioning project. Should be fun to play around with.

You bought it off ebay correct? This is the one everyone was saying wasn't a real SS. The VIN does have the "N," though which I believe designated for the SS.
yeah that's the one, I already asked him in another post and he confirmed it and he said he got it for less than asking price which is cool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

Please put the stock grill and bumper back on that's killing our reputation

Couldn't agree more lol. Was not a fan of the condition that the former owner left it in.

You bought it off ebay correct? This is the one everyone was saying wasn't a real SS. The VIN does have the "N," though which I believe designated for the SS.

Bought it semi locally (2 hour drive). I did find it on ebay. The first thing I did when looking at it was make sure the truck was a real SS. VIN decoded matched up correctly to be one, and the motor and trans matched up correctly. Was able to find some info on here ahead of time to know what to look for.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Body wise I'm fine with just going back to bone stock. I like the way it looks that way. My only thing might be some billet grills down the lines. I don't mind the hood, but god I can't help but think of all the jokes because of the flames (hell I'm even made some already). The guy I bought it from agreed it was a shame how the truck ended up.

Additional things wrong that I wasn't expecting:

• Smoker truck (although no stains or burns anywhere at least)
  • AC doesn't work (think it might be the actuator)
  • Needs a battery
  • Driver's side door panel is basically falling apart
  • Scratches and flaked off paint everywhere
  • HVAC system has something loose (shakes one you turn it all the way up)

Luckily I was able to drive it alone. Floored it a couple of times and just drove around for about 20 minutes. Rode fairly smooth. Could prolly use a brake job at some point (very minor vibration) but since it's just a fun home depot truck not on the top of my list.

Is the bed level with the cab because in the pictures it looked as if the front of the bed on the passenger side was sticking up higher than the back of the cab or is it just missing the cladding back there.

Either way good luck with the truck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Is the bed level with the cab because in the pictures it looked as if the front of the bed on the passenger side was sticking up higher than the back of the cab or is it just missing the cladding back there. Either way good luck with the truck. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It's level. Doesn't have the cladding on due to some dents. Luckily the truck came with the cladding, and the factory bumper brake ducts.

Anyone know of any good places to buy a factory grill. I've found a couple on ebay, but didn't know if there were any good 'local' vendors to the forums I should look at.