riding on front bumpstops

new2ss

Looked under my truck the other day and seen almost all of my ball joints were leaking grease so got replace those. I also noticed its riding on the bump stops its an 05 awd. Didn't think it was suppose to be riding on those. Doesn't appear to be lowered in anyway that I've noticed. I bought it used and not real familiar with the truck yet.

Lol like sinr said, they are jounce bumpers and that is how they wprk with the torsion bar. As for the ball joints, when you grease them they let some of the old grease out through the boot. Normally, you should wipe excess off. I'm guessing that the last person who greased the ones on your truck was a bit lazy with it.

Alright cool all new to me with the torsion bar stuff. Jounce bumpers well if that's ho they are suppose to be then they are doin right lol.all the ball joint boots are dry rotted and cracked that's where the grease is coming out of so I believe they need to be replaced by I could be wrong of course. I should just lower it and change ball joints all at once would be the smart thing to do I guess.

I replaced my ball joints with ac delco lower from the dealer and ac delco uppers from rock auto the dealership only offered the whole upper a arm with ball joint. I already did the energy suspension a arm bushings so I didn't need the whole a arm hope this helps

That's sounds good just keep records of position of each arm because the top is adjustable remove nut and push out the bolt it is d shaped to adjust and the nut locks it in place I've seen people ruin the adjust plates by thinking the bolt unscrews

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

That was going to be my next question about the uppers. So just take off the nut an the bolt slides out will the adjustment stay the same or will it have to be set back to its original place when I replace them?

Maybe check the front end for play if it ain't broke no use of spending all that time trying to fix it!

Those d shaped things are called eccentrics that's what's use to align the front end! If you do decide to pull it apart mark where the pin is and what way they were facing or take pictures as you go along so you can go back and look that's why camera phones were invented!

I agree with all of this if it ain't broke don't fix it!! Lol I will probably just do s:hocks for now which it does need and I will just grease the joints a bit more than usual. Anyone have an suggestions on good shocks? I was looking at the beltech shock are they pretty decent for a stock height truck?