Reduced Engine Message on 04 silverado SS

durty_SS

Hi fellow ss owners i'm here because my 2004 chevy silverado ss awd currently at 98,000 miles has started to leave a "reduced engine power" message along with the check engine light to turn on when i start the truck. The truck/engine begins to feel shaky and when i try accelerating from a stop it gives no acceleration. I then turn off the truck after about 5 minutes i turn it back on and everything seems to be fine minus the check engine light remains on. But after i let it sit overnight the next morning i turn it on and the check engine light turns off and everything is back to normal. This has happened twice already within a week. What could be the issue and what do i need to do to fix this problem? Any suggestions or advice?

Throttle position sensors in throttle body, broken wires in harness to throttle body (fairly common), loose/corroded en gine ground at the back of the block, or gas pedal sensors?

this....TPS is very common, do you have any mods? Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Read the code on the check engine light. When mine did this, it was an issue with the PCM reading the TAC module in the throttle body.

Read the code on the check engine light. When mine did this, it was an issue with the PCM reading the TAC module in the throttle body.

Throttle position sensors in throttle body, broken wires in harness to throttle body (fairly common), loose/corroded en gine ground at the back of the block, or gas pedal sensors?

this....TPS is very common, do you have any mods?

Gotta run the code or you'll just be guessing and wasting money on parts. Go to an autozone or something and get the code print out.

Had this problem on mine...came to be the tb harness was just comin loose.

If it comes to be the throttle body, I got a stocker for sale.

No mods on it. Thanks guys ill definitely get the code print out and see what i get.

• 2 weeks later...