6.2L HP and Torque Numbers

diggerdan11

So GM released the HP and Torque numbers on the new 6.2L V8

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/new-6-2l-makes-gm-trucks-most-powerful-light-duties-132321/

420 Hp and 460 ft.lbs is not bad.

Too bad this engine will only be offered in the highest trim packages

Ironic you posted this. I was on GMC.com this a.m. "building my own" and I see the 6-2 is only available in the SLT trim package. Must admit the Sierras are growing on me. The Silvy front ends look weird to me sorry.

Ironic you posted this. I was on GMC.com this a.m. "building my own" and I see the 6-2 is only available in the SLT trim package. Must admit the Sierras are growing on me. The Silvy front ends look weird to me sorry.

:withstupid: im much more partial to the gmc front end, just seems to flow better. but im waiting to see the chevy front end colormatched

It should. The 5.3L is only a little slower than the ecoboost, so the much much more powerful 6.2L should win no problem

My wife has a 12 1500 with a 6.2 in it. I think it is only 405hp or something. It blows the doors off of the eco-blows. AND she gets pretty good fuel milage with it. As long as I'm not driving she averages around 19 on the hwy and 14-16 in town. pretty impressive for the hp it has. I think the 6 speed makes a big difference. She only has 13k miles on it now too.