454LSX Build

amscholtz@comcast.net

Also pulled my cluster and sent it off to Steve to have the LEDs redone. I did them myself but didn't like how uneven they ended up. I am doing purple LEDs with the blue needles I already had, should be something you don't see too much.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update today, the engine is done and will be getting transported to my mechanic today or tomorrow. I will have full specs and some pictures hopefully tomorrow night.

The block is going to get painted before being installed, anyone have an opinion on color? My valve covers are already red so I am thinking I don't want to do the whole thing red. So far black has been the consensus from people I have asked.

Not as big an update as I hoped, but the block is back up at my mechanic now. Attached the list of parts we got from the machine shop too, but it doesn't tell me much really as far as full specs.

Will be going in next week and then I will be towing it down to a dyno early the week after.

post-20300-0-58535700-1394243568_thumb.jpg

post-20300-0-04471100-1394243580_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear what happened man. Just came across this build, glad to see you got back from the shop already. Keep us posted, Its gonna be a beast of a motor, good things take time

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure everything that can go wrong with this has.

Motor runs great, but it won't move anywhere. Traced to the TAC module and replaced that. Had it towed somewhere with a Tech II to program the new TAC and it wouldn't program. Towed it back and replaced the wiring to the TAC and now it's showing that the blade won't open on the throttle body.

Have a Nick Williams 102mm ordered for delivery tomorrow along with a new Xlink since I have a V1 that people say is problematic.

I hope this is the last of the issues, more info coming soon.

Got the Xlink put in, hooked the new intake up and made sure everything is working at least. Will get installed and the rest put on later tonight or in the morning.

Called the dyno shop to get an appointment..... And their dyno broke last night. So going to be looking for another place with an AWD dyno tomorrow hopefully, if not I wait a week and get in line of the stuff he already pushed back from this.

Well the throttle body hits the water pump, got the old 90mm throttle body back on there and working with the new Xlink at least. Since the dyno is down until next week anyway I just ordered a Fast LSXR intake to match up with the throttle body.

• 2 weeks later...

Last piece of the puzzle arrived today. Tuner has their dyno back and they are hooking everything back up now. Should be going down this week to be finished up.

There is another SS sitting next to mine at the shop right now, pretty much stock aside from a supercharger on it and the wheels.

post-20300-0-37537800-1397600404_thumb.jpg

post-20300-0-05979800-1397600418_thumb.jpg