Best place to get new tires and what brand is decent/affordable

demonte1997

Took your advice into consideration and would like to get 305/50/20 tires for the 20" wheels I have coming. Problem is that is seems like an expensive tire. I have seen better deals on tires for 22" wheels. Any hints on where to go and what tire is a good bargain? Walmart? Tirerack? Local?

Goodyear eagles are cheap but you get what you pay for. That is what came on our SS's and they wear pretty fast. I put 20K miles on a set and they were done, I bought a pair of Toyo proxes ST's and they went over 55K before I had to replace them.

If you are planning on buying tires online try Tire rack or Discount Tire. I have had good experiences with both.

Most local (reputable) tire dealers will price match online prices. I buy my tires (own 6 vehicles so I buy tires, lol) through tire-warehouse and most times get an even better deal than I can find online due to being a DOD employee.

If there the falken ziex I'd from my personal use would and will never buy another set of them again! They are junk. They crack after a little while. The tread holds up great but the tire itself is junk. Lasted 3 years and on a road trip they flat spotted all at once. All 4. I tell everyone I know do not use them.

Goodyear LS2 are so bad they're dangerous, especially in the wet weather. I wouldn't buy them at any price.

Had a set of Pirelli's, they perform well but ride really rough. And are barely affordable.

Was forced to switch to Yokohama's (Pirelli stopped making tires in my size) and have LOVED them, ride great, price is ok, traction is good especially wet weather. Wear could be better but that might just be my aggressive driving style. :D

Mr. P.

• 4 months later...