Failed Emission. Please help

mr84ss

hey family. I went to get my emission done on my 04sss and it failed because of the monitors not ready, only one was ready.. so I drove it about 500miles and went back. When I got there the line was long so I cut my truck off. when it was my turn to get mines done, the emission machine failed me because of readiness. This time the machine showed no monitors was ready. the problem is every time I cut my truck off, the computer resets all the codes. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix this? My tag is passed due.

Does your clock and radio presets reset after you shut off the ignition?

no. they stay the same as they were before cutting the truck off. Even if its been days or a week they stay correct

Well think about the problem, the readiness tests keep re-setting so that means the PCM is losing power somehow, somewhere. Because I know everytime I disconnect my battery, my readiness tests have to reset. So how to determine where the power supply is being lost I am not sure. Could be a bad PCM, fuse, etc. I hope someone can post up with more knowledge. I'd suggest posting a thread on performancetrucks.net FaceBook page. Seems to be the place to ask questions these days where there is a little knowledge and experience left.

Here in an answer I got from a PT.net guy:

Very very very common issue on GMT800 line. Either the battery is weak, or the starter is pulling to many amps. When the voltage drops below (insert # here) pcm memory is lost

I read another site where a guy had the same problem. He said the dealership said his keep alive memory was bad in his pcm. They replaced his under warranty. Is the keep alive memory something that can be fixed or do I have to replace the pcm?