Transfer Case Compatibility

Hello Guys. My T-Case appears to be on its last legs again and I am shopping for a new (used) one for the time being as I believe the case I have is not going to be salvageable( it was dropped from the lift upon install)

My question is:

What is the rundown of which vehicles contain the compatible T-Case for my 2003 SSS

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Nico

well the transfer case is a NVG-149 from what I know they only in escalade's, yukon denali and SS. it would have to be the years with the 6.0L in it not the 6.2L. so from like 2003-2006 for the escalades and 2003-2006 for the yukon denali. dont hold me to those years. but they need to be around there and be AWD.

You need match the gearing in your rear diff, also.

Don't know the answer on the 02 Escy diff.

Why would you have to match you rear diff when changing the t-case. As long as he still has the same gears in the front and rear diffs it shouldn't matter.

I haven't ever seen any different gears for the nv-149's. But I could be wrong. I thought they were all geared the same.

Right as far as I knew as long as my front and rear diff ratios match I should be ok as the T-case is basically one to one transfer correct?

So what I am hearing is that this case should function with my SSS. And if anything I can utilize the gears from my old case if need be?

My main concern with this case is that when it fell (%#£?!) it knocked something like shaft seats or bearing seats out of alignment. So I always have this whine coming from it when I'm driving. Almost sounds like a supercharger... But sad to say... It isn't...:-(

Why would you have to match you rear diff when changing the t-case. As long as he still has the same gears in the front and rear diffs it shouldn't matter. I haven't ever seen any different gears for the nv-149's. But I could be wrong. I thought they were all geared the same.

Brain fart!! Musta been asleep.

Why would you have to match you rear diff when changing the t-case. As long as he still has the same gears in the front and rear diffs it shouldn't matter. I haven't ever seen any different gears for the nv-149's. But I could be wrong. I thought they were all geared the same.

Brain fart!! Musta been asleep.

It's all good. Just making sure I wasn't missing anything.

The only thing I would watch on the escalade t-case is to make sure the outputs on the case are the same. I wouldn't think they would be different, but you never know.

Either use one from an escalade, ss, or sierra denali. A yukon denali used the borg warner like what comes in the nnbs. It applys brakes to the wheel spinning. The 149 is different bc it is viscous coupled. Pm Bear1 if you have any other questions. That dude knows them inside out and has k own the answer to every q I could come up with lol.