SS Spitting Out the Coolant?

Okay so the transmission was getting hot we tried getting a transmission cooler keeps cooler but transmission was still acting up. So we had to take it out and fix a couple of things. Transmission with Edge 3600 stall runs badass, but now the ss is for some reason spitting out the coolant when I go WOT through 3 gear with lock up. I go WOT through 1st and 2rd maybe 3rd for a little it won't spit it out. But when I stretch out 1st 2rd and 3rd, get off the truck and look at the passenger side theres spots of coolant on it. Open the hood and you can see the coolant reservoir spit it out for some reason. It spits it out bounces off the right front tire onto the passenger side but the question is why? Water pump? Thermostat? Also temperature is always right below 210 Thanks for any help ahead of time!

Possible thermostat sticking... My truck always ran around 195-205 with the stock thermostat... I would put in a 180' or 160' anyway so the coolant flows sooner keeping the engine temp down more... My truck runs about 175-185 now with a 160' in...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

Possible thermostat sticking... My truck always ran around 195-205 with the stock thermostat... I would put in a 180' or 160' anyway so the coolant flows sooner keeping the engine temp down more... My truck runs about 175-185 now with a 160' in...

True we are more than likely going to throw on a 180 thermostat just to drop some temps a bit

Does it get hot at all? Could air in the system cause this?

It doesn't get hot until its already spit out most of the coolant and im at a light or something then I get on the freeway and it cools back down I get home and fill it back up

Yeah I have the truck on, take off the cap fill it up to the line, give it some time, then put the cap back on and leave or turn it off. We are gonna try the thermostat although my dad thinks its the water pump.

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

If you open your resivour while its hot you dump the pressure out of the system. After it cools off it will pull vacuum so once the whole system cools its a good idea to pop the cap off again and let it breath, you'll hear it pull a lot of air in and the coolent level drop.