GM says " must replace the whole thing" WTF???

chilidipper

Crappy cell phone pic of his work on my cluster

Lookin good man! I've been meaning to do this for sometime, I like doing things myself but this it out of my normal realm of wrenching so I may have to see what 777 will do it for and take that route cause that looks fantastic!

Not to thread hijack but are the bulbs in the door panels the same as the cluster? I have a few out on my truck. Hoping the Radio Shack "grain of wheat" bulbs may work and I won't have to do any crazy soldering.

Edited by demonte1997 (see edit history)

Not to thread hijack but are the bulbs in the door panels the same as the cluser? I have a few out on my truck. Hoping the Radio Shack "grain of wheat" bulbs may work and I won't have to do any crazy soldering.

No those are already LEDs.

yea youll be better of by putting some leds like the pic above, you cant go wrong with that. i soo wanna put leds on mine

Send it on in! lol

www.GMGaugeGuy.com

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Send it on in! lol

www.GMGaugeGuy.com

i was checking out the site, and damm its really tempting. ive never really shipped anything so i dont know how that works, and then the fact that something might happen to it on its way has me thinking lol

As long as you pack it correctly you will be fine. Make sure the whole box is packed full with bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Make sure you put insurance on the box just in case. UPS comes with $100 insurance. Shipping in through anyone else you would need to add it. $100 should be plenty since if anything is going to break it's going to be the plastic bezel on the front and the $100 will easily cover that and then some. The only ones we get in damaged is the ones that people put one small layer of bubble wrap around the gauges and throw it in a box way too big that the gauges are rattling around like a rock in a soda can.

As long as you pack it correctly you will be fine. Make sure the whole box is packed full with bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Make sure you put insurance on the box just in case. UPS comes with $100 insurance. Shipping in through anyone else you would need to add it. $100 should be plenty since if anything is going to break it's going to be the plastic bezel on the front and the $100 will easily cover that and then some. The only ones we get in damaged is the ones that people put one small layer of bubble wrap around the gauges and throw it in a box way too big that the gauges are rattling around like a rock in a soda can.

Thanks again for meeting me in that storm last month to do my gauges.