Tipping on Carry-Out / Take-Out

Stitches040

It kinda pisses me off that tips have come to be expected and no longer given because somebody did a good job. I also can't stand it when gradituity is added to your bill because you have a big party this falls under the whole no longer earned but expected thing i was talking abiut and usually will result in OK service at best . With that said I will tip big if the service was good but will tip bad if the service was bad.

Hmmmm... it depends on how hawt she is! lol

No! The waitress at Hooters was gorgeous but a bit of a well worse word than bitch. The only reason she got 11 cents is to round it off to the nearest dollar. The hostess who ended up doing everything for me got a 5 on my way out the door

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Hmmmm... it depends on how hawt she is! lol

No! The waitress at Hooters was gorgeous but a bit of a well worse word than bitch. The only reason she got 11 cents is to round it off to the nearest dollar. The hostess who ended up doing everything for me got a 5 on my way out the door

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

High 5 or low 5?

Sent using Tapatalk.

I agree with the other on Regular Tipping, for sit-in dinner service. It's horrible lately. The majority of the servers nowadays, truly don't care about what they do and how they serve you. They all just seem barely interested in getting you your food, but it's like pulling teeth trying to get anything extra. Even basic requests have been routinely overlooked ...

I'm usually good on a tip on our regular place on take out, or if I request a few extra things, I'll slide them a tip ... :thumbs:

I spent years as a waiter/bartender at Chilis and at Bennigans. This is something that I feel very strongly about, i tip really well, probably more then most would deem reasonable. I just know how hectic it is as a waiter. What most dont understand is that it is like a battleground in the back of a restaurant, all the servers are pressing the cooks to get their orders out so that they can get the patrons their food as quickly as possible. I learned early on that being 100% honest, attentive but not annoying and keeping their beers coming was the key to big tips. And as far as the to go folks, they are probably the hardest working people there, that is why i always tip them. I guess since it is a to go order, they get put on the backburner so the little chick getting your meal correctly bagged and ready to go has to work her tail off to make sure it gets done and done right....by the time u get there. Be easy on them, but for the a-hole waiters, treat them like they treat you, nothing makes a waiter more mad than loose change being left as a tip, if they do horrible throw a bunch of nickels and dimes on the table!