need some experienced opinions

that1dood

I've done a bit of searching and I'm pretty sure I will be gtg but I'd just like to get a few of the elders to chime on this...

I have a 2005 SS and right now the only mod it has is a K&N intake/filter... My question is this...

is the stock pcm able to adjust enough for lt headers, catless exhaust (2.5 in piping, x pipe, 2 si/so spintech mufflers) and a 160* thermostat without being tuned? I am scheduled for the black bear event in charlotte in dec but I am getting fidigity and want to install everything now!!! I know I will get a CEL for the cats, but aside from that could there be any harm done to the engine until I get the live tune? I'm pretty sure I will be safe, like I said just looking for some experienced guys to reassume my thoughts before I start throwin parts in... thanks guys

thanks for the input chp. The truck runs strong and only has 50k miles so I don't mind having a cel for a week or so since i know what it will be from... i am glad to hear i will be ok because i was really hoping to be able to put everything on a few days in advance where i have access to a lift and a full tool box vice trying to do it in a parking lot hours away from my house LOL. now to figure out a way to install my headers and get the truck to the exhaust shop without pissing off all my neighbors!

thanks for the input chp. The truck runs strong and only has 50k miles so I don't mind having a cel for a week or so since i know what it will be from... i am glad to hear i will be ok because i was really hoping to be able to put everything on a few days in advance where i have access to a lift and a full tool box vice trying to do it in a parking lot hours away from my house LOL. now to figure out a way to install my headers and get the truck to the exhaust shop without pissing off all my neighbors!

Idle out of the neighborhood is all I know. :jester:

I'd want to do the work at home too. She will feel like a different truck once you get done and get the tune in her.

How about a report on the Bear event?

(Just an afterthought but so far when I have added mods I order a tune for the mods in advance, {from Zippy}, and do everything at one time in my shop, add the tune, relearn and she's good to go.) :cheers: