issue with truck keeps shutting off

natalie

So im having a issue with my truck not sure if its the fuel? any point outs where can i start from, with the issue? reads no codes

fuel was low i pump gas an turn on. But now once i put it on gear ''meaning'' reverse or drive RPM's drops an shuts off dont know what can it be:

fuel pump?
injectors?
tune?
or??????

need help!!

That exact thing was just happening to me a week ago. Every time i put it in reverse (or drive for that matter) the rpms would drop so low and then it would die. A friend of mine who is much more of a mechanic than i am came over to help. We pulled a bunch of fuses for the pcm under the hood and took off the throttle body and gave it a good cleaning. Put it back together and it was right as rain. But i dont know exactly what the problem was in all honesty but this is what worked for me.

My truck did the same thing after my build. And it happened all of a sudden. Was fine, then came out of store and this happened. I let it ldle for a bit, then it just quit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My truck does that now but if I just take off before It turns off then at the next stop it won't want to turn off any more. It also has the check engine light on when we scanned it said it was the maf and something else small like the map sensor but when we fixed em both, light stayed on and still same code

Hey fellas i apologies for the late update, i went ahead an clean the Tb an MAF, they were really dirty.... after getting them clean really good went ahead crank it an starts even better now an idles better seems that was the issue TB being dirty I suggest to get them clean atleast every oil change.... I tried doing a Video on the process of cleaning it to upload on you tube ill keep ya'll posted.

Thanks for the help everyone...

Edited by oskar (see edit history)