keyless push button engine start

that1dood

anybody ever hear of or have any first hand experience with this stuff from gallotech.com? seems pretty cool... proximity door lock/unlock and pushbutton engine on/off... what do you guys think?

...man the places google will take you when bored....

I know new cars have this kind of tech but I think it would be kind of cool on the SS and or the VW... IIRC painless makes something similar but the kits from gallo seem to be a little more thought out and user friendly if that makes sense.

I would never in my life put something like that in as after market. With that said, its a really awesome system from the factory to have. My DD has this and its really nice never having to touch my keys or key fob, just walk up to the car and the lights turn on, touch the door handle and the doors unlock, get in and push a start button. The down side of the system is that when I drive the other car that isn't this fancy, I forget and find myself always touching the door handle to lock and unlock the doors and touching the dash to start the car. : (

cwest, I'm curious why you would never use an aftermarket system? it's been my experience that after enough time has passed for tech to become more widely used, aftermarket (not cheap stuff) can and usually does surpass oem quality. Obviously the install would have to be done the right way, but I think given enough time, someday there will be a reliable, safe, theft-proof system that can be adapted to most vehicles.