Procharger, should I or not?

Theres a guy in the rgv selling me a P1SC procharger complete kit with gauges etc except the fuel pump, for $2,000. Miles are unknown. He had it in his truck with a 6.0 i believe and a 408. Its tempting but I´m not sure if I should take if off his hands. Im considering to buy this and put it on my 04 rcsb 5.3 with headers and a ls6 cam. What do you think?

Its a good price. Normally the kits start at around $4,800. The only reason miles would be un known is if he bought it used. The head unit itself could also need a rebuild. I would ask for alot pf pics. For that price even having the unit rebuilt your still under the normal new price.

He probably just grew out of the p1sc with a 408. But given the head unit is still in useable condition I would get it if you can spare the cash for it. But personally I'd prefer to start with the d1sc instead of having to find a different unit later down the road.

Yes he bought the unit used and thats why he said he didnt know the miles. Forgot to mention that he says the unit was either rebuilt or something, and said to be pushing the same psi as a D1. So far I have only seen one picture of the unit and that was on his truck. He mentioned that the truck is at Spike Tuning Performance. If I would buy it. What else should I be looking for to make sure that the unit is in good working shape. And im not looking to heavily mod my truck I just want a fun daily driver street truck maybe hit the track a couple times a year and have some fun at stop lights. :jester: I know I would have to upgrade my drivetrain.

Yes he bought the unit used and thats why he said he didnt know the miles. Forgot to mention that he says the unit was either rebuilt or something, and said to be pushing the same psi as a D1. So far I have only seen one picture of the unit and that was on his truck. He mentioned that the truck is at Spike Tuning Performance. If I would buy it. What else should I be looking for to make sure that the unit is in good working shape. And im not looking to heavily mod my truck I just want a fun daily driver street truck maybe hit the track a couple times a year and have some fun at stop lights. :jester: I know I would have to upgrade my drivetrain.

A P1 and a D1 can make the same PSI or the same amount of boost. there is a huge difference in the D1 and The P1 with power capabilities and CFM. If you have a P1 on 10 lbs of boost and a D1 on 10 lbs of boost thats a huge difference in power between the two.

I would want to see the head unit in person and look at the case for cracks, or leaking, make sure the impeller sins freely and isnt chewed up, and then drain the oil out of it and look for any larger than normal metal. he should atleast be able to tell you how many miles he put on it. It would be be awesome if you could see the unit working on his truck.