Best converter for my mods

So i have been looking at the circle D 3000-3200 stall but also at the PTC 3600 for my mods. I'm in a budget here so just trying to get the best converter that fits my price range 500, any good help an advice on which should i go with....

My mod's in my sig, cam 224/224

Not to highjack this but I have a question... I always see you guys recommending higher stall speeds with mods that I would use a 3000 or 3200 converter. Is this do to our trucks weight? Thats the only reason i can think of using such a high stall speed. I have a 600 HP camaro with only a 3200 stall and it works well for me.

Not to highjack this but I have a question... I always see you guys recommending higher stall speeds with mods that I would use a 3000 or 3200 converter. Is this do to our trucks weight? Thats the only reason i can think of using such a high stall speed. I have a 600 HP camaro with only a 3200 stall and it works well for me.

Yes, it is due to weight. I stress this time and time again on this site, these arent Camaros or Corvettes. These are heavy ass trucks. You have to get the engines RPMs in the engines sweet spot or power band RIGHT NOW in order to get these pigs moving. This is what we refer to "converter flash"

Then when you install a camshaft with different lift/duration/LSA ect, you are raising that sweet spot and you need a larger stall speed to still get in it . Everyone wants their cake and eat it too with these trucks and its not that easy.

Lol my gas is at 9.5 city I probably get around 14 - 17 on the highway with intake, cam, 3600 stall and headers . . . you will be much happier with a 3600 stall believe us!

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

Lol my gas is at 9.5 city I probably get around 14 - 17 on the highway with intake, cam, 3600 stall and headers . . . you will be much happier with a 3600 stall believe us!

I'm the same but 17 is really pushing it unless it's 60mph. Here on the highway 70 and above is the norm so it's like 14 to 15 for me.

• 5 months later...