Driveline clunking. "Dun Dun Dunnn"

So a few of yall that follow me on Instagram and Facebook know about how my driveline was clunking ( But it only did it on deceleration from 35mph an lower) Well we check everything over and check the fluids. The front diff just full of Metal and the transfer case smells and looks burnt. We pull the front diff and find the carrier bearing were toast.

and now after we rebuilt the front diff an reinstall it the transfer case is clunking, so have to pull it out now, FML :icon_bs:

Front diff tore down

v5vn1k.jpg

Carrier bearings

20gmijt.jpg

bearing an seal kit

nx6ngp.jpg

put new cv boots on while it was apart

serldz.jpg

back together and filled

28192yo.jpg

311mgic.jpg

Man! She'll be all fresh when u get er back together! I like how u painted ur grill red. Looks neat. My front diff had metal in it too when I got the truck. I changed it and checked it 4k miles later and it still looks New! I do have the "howl" when slowing down tho. Oh well. Fix it as it breaks! Good job man and good lookin rig.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Man! She'll be all fresh when u get er back together! I like how u painted ur grill red. Looks neat. My front diff had metal in it too when I got the truck. I changed it and checked it 4k miles later and it still looks New! I do have the "howl" when slowing down tho. Oh well. Fix it as it breaks! Good job man and good lookin rig. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

oh yes thats for sure! Thanks, i want to do them black though. yea, my whole front diff was nothing but metal it was all chunky. its probably the carrier bearings bc thats how mine was. Yea thats all you can do lol Thanks man yours too!

Man! She'll be all fresh when u get er back together! I like how u painted ur grill red. Looks neat. My front diff had metal in it too when I got the truck. I changed it and checked it 4k miles later and it still looks New! I do have the "howl" when slowing down tho. Oh well. Fix it as it breaks! Good job man and good lookin rig. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

oh yes thats for sure! Thanks, i want to do them black though. yea, my whole front diff was nothing but metal it was all chunky. its probably the carrier bearings bc thats how mine was. Yea thats all you can do lol Thanks man yours too!

I seen a pic of somebodys SS, i think on google... Red with factory grill inserts painted black as well as brake ducts and bowtie... man. It was awesome. Had black wheels too. Looked awesome. I gotta finish my driveline and nitrous before I spend any more money on pretty lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

OKAY So I FINALLY got my transfer case back together and in the truck! :jester:

Now i can break in the front diff and transfer case!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Excited to have her back together!

was going thru withdrawls :cry: