The Calm Before the Storm - '04 SSS build

rcapone

Hello everyone! I first wanted to thank everyone who responded in my previous post about how to mod out my '04 SSS w/a 15k budget to start. Yesterday I started some preliminary work on the truck to get ready for the 4L80 tranny swap and Maggie. ...We'll see how much $'s left after those two very expensive upgrades!

Yesterday I took my truck to my Brother's Shop at Firestone. We gutted the cats and serviced both differentials.

Here's what I'm starting out with: 2004 SSS , 29,594 original miles, 1 owner, near flawless condition with the following mods performed by the previous owner:

Performance: Corsa Sport, Dyantech LT's W/ Cats, Wheatley Custom Tune, NGK TR55, MSD 8.5mm Plug Wires, Volant CAI, SLP Stat, Transgo HD2-C, Vette Servos, FLT Aluminum Accumulator Pistons, C5 Deep Transmission Pan

Exterior: 2" Drop, Carriage Works 5-piece grill, Street Scene Bowtie, Bed Rug, Soft Tonneau, Silverstars, Factory matched tinted windows, Antenna delete, SS Bowtie hitch cover

post-16941-0-44157900-1388328299_thumb.jpg

post-16941-0-17023500-1388328813_thumb.jpg

post-16941-0-63027600-1388328934_thumb.jpg

post-16941-0-16713700-1388328947_thumb.jpg

post-16941-0-46722100-1388328959_thumb.jpg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Johnny! I'm super stoked to be getting the hood and gate tomorrow from Fedex!! I'll post more pics as soon as I get them installed. I'm just praying they didn't get damaged . I really can't thank you enough for suggesting them to me.

Gl. Hopefully they don't get damaged. My hood came in all dented up and had to put 400$ back in it to fix it and of coarse shipping company wouldn't pay. Open the hood before the driver leaves do not sign for it until you inspect it or you let them off the hook. Cant wait to see your build come along.

Thanks Johnny! I'm super stoked to be getting the hood and gate tomorrow from Fedex!! I'll post more pics as soon as I get them installed. I'm just praying they didn't get damaged . I really can't thank you enough for suggesting them to me.

I am looking forward to seeing pics of the hood and gate on your truck. Glad that deal worked out for you and the hood and gate found a real nice truck to transplant on.

That's good advice Jayse is giving on dealing with the delivery crowd. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Just curious why you gutted the cats those are not stock and if they came with the dynatech Lt they should've been high flow cats if I'm wrong please enlighten. just seems like a waste if they were not clogged kinda low mileage for a clogged cat.

Seems like you got it from someone that did there research before modding which is a plus for you nice find.

Thanks August/Jason - I'm very appreciative of both of you guy's input on my build! ...I try not to hold any grudges, shit happens sometimes and I may have overreacted to his comment anyway on that last thread - no worries. I may have to pile drive the Fedex guy tomorrow if he's jacked up my delivery tho :idiot:

Just curious why you gutted the cats those are not stock and if they came with the dynatech Lt they should've been high flow cats if I'm wrong please enlighten. just seems like a waste if they were not clogged kinda low mileage for a clogged cat.

Seems like you got it from someone that did there research before modding which is a plus for you nice find.

My check engine light came on the very day I got it home from upstate NY (after driving an average speed of around 80 for 1400 miles), called Teddy the previous owner and he said it was the o2 sensor bc of the high flow cats and suggested I put in some injector cleaner. I ran some lucas through the tank and the light went off but came back on again shortly after. I ran several more bottles through each time I filled up w/BP 93 (which is all I ever use) but it wouldn't go away + the engine lost a fairly significant amount of power. A few days ago I had my brother do a full diagnostic on it and it threw out a P040 code: catalyst efficiency - low bank 1. SO, since Kansas doesn't have emissions testing and I wasn't up for dropping 7 or 800 for new cats, we gutted em. I'm sending the PCM to Wheatley to eliminate the rear o2 sensors tomorrow and have my fingers crossed that the engine's performance will return.

Thanks August/Jason - I'm very appreciative of both of you guy's input on my build! ...I try not to hold any grudges, shit happens sometimes and I may have overreacted to his comment anyway on that last thread - no worries. I may have to pile drive the Fedex guy tomorrow if he's jacked up my delivery tho :idiot:

No worries. Sometimes when you read things on the internet they seem mean or abrasive maybe rude but most of the guys here try and give help to the best of there ability. Just believe me check your stuff before they leave.

lmao I may have to pile drive the guy.