The Calm Before the Storm - '04 SSS build

rcapone

Didn't mean to "take a dump" here. I was talking about what he is doing to his truck. Don't know why I would need a new thread to talk about the same damn thing. Isn't that what a build thread is for? Put update, ask questions, and share advice?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks Shawn...likewise! Hope she didn't puke tranny fluid all over that nice Ford!

He got a steal on my old 60 too. That is one well cared for and very tight tranny

Now that's kinda funny; The guy I bought a "super-built" 60 from is buying a 60. :jester:

Thought you were moving on to an 80 Shawn.

Now that's kinda funny; The guy I bought a "super-built" 60 from is buying a 60. :jester:

Thought you were moving on to an 80 Shawn.

actually, I just picked the tranny up for Hottel since I am local and he lives 5 hours away. He is cumming to get his tranny this weekend :jester:

So we had a 70deg. day on Tuesday, took the day off work and decided to detail the truck and put a few miles on the new Trans. Something doesn't feel right, or maybe it's just me because I've never had a high performance converter...am I supposed to feel a jerk when the converter locks up?

From a dead stop - I stomp on it and it almost feels like it's slipping for a second or two then a very, very soft shift from 1 - 2 (most definitely not what I would expect from what's supposed to be a high performance trans. as the shift actually feels softer than my bone stock '07 Z71 classic), then around 97 mph I hit third and it shifts very firm, within 1 second after the shift, I feel another pretty firm jerk (which I think is the converter locking up). Is that normal? Also, I'm feeling jerk from what I think is a converter lockup when driving semi-normally around 2200 - 2400 rpm. So other than the "hurkey jerkey" feeling, everything else seems to be okay - trans. temp. is right around 150.

One other thing, and it only happened one time - Cruising on the highway, I slow down to around 45, stomp on it, get a downshift, rpms shot up to around 6k but felt like the trans. was slipping pretty bad so I let off of it because rpms kept climbing and the truck wasn't accelerating like it should.

Sounds like a tuning issue. Have you been using your HPT with Mike?

That's what I'm hoping! Only when I uploaded his 80 conversion tune. I did send him a test drive log file, then spoke to him yesterday...he was supposed to send me a file that will log certain parameters he's looking for yesterday but I haven't received it yet. I'm concerned with what seems to be trans. slippage right out of the hole and that one experience I described above. Do you think the tune can correct that too?