The Calm Before the Storm - '04 SSS build

rcapone

He's the store mgr. at the one on Kansas Ave in KC KS...the ghetto

Hey man, I DO appreciate your input, but your comment just rubbed me the wrong way so I apologize for my reaction. I have a pretty short fuse sometimes. :fart:

On a different note, I did receive the hood and gate today UNDAMAGED! They're flawless and look even better in person. Got them installed right away and took some pics but they have so many coats of zaino on them the pics turned out like crap bc the clouds, trees and everything else reflected onto them. I'll take some more this weekend and get them posted here, that is if Wheatley gets my PCM back to me. She's laid up in the garage till then.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to see there are some low mileage trucks left out there. mine has way too many miles its sad. you find yourself an 80 or maggie yet?

Yes, thank you...it was a great find. No 80 or maggie yet, I'm still deciding between Jake's and FLT on the tranny. I just got a couple of quotes today and will be doing the 80 first so I don't roast the stock one by putting the maggie on first.

On a different note, I did receive the hood and gate today UNDAMAGED! They're flawless and look even better in person. Got them installed right away and took some pics but they have so many coats of zaino on them the pics turned out like crap bc the clouds, trees and everything else reflected onto them. I'll take some more this weekend and get them posted here, that is if Wheatley gets my PCM back to me. She's laid up in the garage till then.

Great to hear that your Hood and gate got to you undamaged. One thing to mark off the worry list. :thumbsup:

He's the store mgr. at the one on Kansas Ave in KC KS...the ghetto

Hey man, I DO appreciate your input, but your comment just rubbed me the wrong way so I apologize for my reaction. I have a pretty short fuse sometimes

Its all good. I said it because after awhile you get the opinions of a couple that all they do is jumble up a thread with their "professional forum reading opinions".

I PM'd you

Got the converter ordered today from Circle D. Decided on a Pro 3 multi disk w/3k stall...hope this works!!

https://www.circledspecialties.com/c-122-pro-series-multi-disk.aspx

Also got on a late night spending spree on ebay too... Black and crystal headlight conversions w/blue hid's, lightly smoked tails, factory SS emblem for my new shaved gate, found a front drive shaft for $150.00...I'm going broke faster than I thought! :huh:

Got the converter ordered today from Circle D. Decided on a Pro 3 multi disk w/3k stall...hope this works!!

https://www.circledspecialties.com/c-122-pro-series-multi-disk.aspx

Also got on a late night spending spree on ebay too... Black and crystal headlight conversions w/blue hid's, lightly smoked tails, factory SS emblem for my new shaved gate, found a front drive shaft for $150.00...I'm going broke faster than I thought! :huh:

Lol...it is crazy how nonmagnetic money is

Lol...it is crazy how nonmagnetic money is

HA...no kidding!

For those of you considering this swap, here is where I'm at $ wise after ordering all my parts - Obviously it can be done cheaper, this is just how I chose to do it...

FLT LVL 4 80e with 10% discount from Holiday sale.....................$1,975.00

FLT inspection cover......................................................................$58.00

FLT core charge.............................................................................$650.00

FLT shift cable bracket...................................................................$6.50

FLT dipstick tube............................................................................$9.50

FLT transfer case adaptor..............................................................$58.00

FLT freight......................................................................................$150.00

TOTAL FROM FLT.........................................................................$2,907.00

Circle D 258mm multi disk 3k stall converter..................................$1,150.00

Circle D shipping.............................................................................$50.00

TOTAL FROM CIRCLE D...............................................................$1,200.00

PATC crossmember.......................................................................$350.00

PATC wiring harness.....................................................................$225.00

PATC crankshaft spacer................................................................$112.00

PATC shipping...............................................................................$75.00

TOTAL FROM PATC.....................................................................$762.00

Front driveshaft from ebay.............................................................$150.00

Transfer case input adaptor from Time2kill (no core)....................$665.00

GRAND TOTAL.............................................................................$5684.00

Still needed - Fluids and tune estimation......................................$300.00

Cut down rear drive shaft..............................................................$150.00

$6,134.00 !