Exhaust

Thiet

Hi everybody , first I wish you a Merry Christmas !!!!!! ;-)

Well,

I want to ask you one question about exhaust , i want to change my oem muffler but do you know which muffler are better ???

I love "flowmaster serie 40 dynaflow" but there is also "serie 50 dynaflow", "super 40" , "serie 40", "super 44" or "magnaflow"

Which one to choose ????

Which have you done on yours SSS ??? What do you think about it ???

Thank you everybody :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm no stuck on flowmaster , i search a good muffler with more sound that the OEM but not drag sound lol , this is my daily driver , i don't want to have headache with it lol

This is the raison that i ask the SSS owners to know which mufflers they ride to have a idea .

You put which model of Magnaflow on your truck ???

• 4 weeks later...

I was trying to decide this too a few months back and I must have spent at least 3 hours watching videos on YouTube of silverados with different exhaust set ups (focusing on 6.0 of course). I've used a Flowmaster 40 series and a super 44 before on my previous non-SS truck and let me tell you they are definitely loud (especially the super 44) and I loved both of them! But I noticed and heard in the videos that Chevy v8's all seem (to me at least) to pick up a kind of annoying glass pack sound at mid-high rpm with Flowmasters. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me could say why, but this doesn't seem to happen with Hemis... I also didn't like the droning I was getting on highway drives.

Anyway, I wanted louder than stock but more refined than Flowmaster for my SS and settled on Gibson. At first I thought I made a mistake because after coming from the Flowmasters it seemed pretty quiet, but I waited and a couple hundred miles later I was really happy with it. I understand that a muffler without any packing or baffles shouldn't have a break in period but the tone definitely changed after driving it a while. It's got a nice deep rumble at idle and a smooth almost big block like sound at high revs. I also wanted a sound that stood out and Flowmaster are probably the most popular. I hear that Borla systems are also more refined but maybe more quiet? I know the marketing materials are always a bit sketchy but the Gibson dyno charts looked more impressive than the others. Take it with a grain of salt I guess.

My two cents :) All that said, I've never heard an SS sound bad!