Headlight Help??

ssBLACKEDOUTss

So I put Smoked headlights on the SS and night driving has become pretty difficult. Without going to LED's does anyone have any experience with a brighter bulb something Hyper white?? Like the look of the smoked lenses so I dont want to go back to clear..

HIDs are the way to go. I had smoked headlights and never had any issues with low visibility.

If you want to go with a regular bulb I would recommend Sylvania Silverstar zXe, or the Silverstar Ultra. I have the zXe's in my Subaru and they are pretty dang bright.

be careful with ebay HID kits remember you get what you pay for.

I have had decent success with DDM tuning lights. They are inexpensive, but others have had lots if issues with them not lasting very long. Also you can order a set from them and it might take a month to get them

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

I have had good sucess with Xenonsupply.com. There kits are a little more expensive, but i have been pretty happy with them.

Just remember with HIDs that the higher the color temperature you select the bluer the light gets and the dimmer it gets. Stock HIDs on luxury cars are 4,300K they are the whites and the brightest. A lot of people go with 5,000K or 6,000K since they have a nice blue tint with them, but I would not recommend going higher than that.

• 2 weeks later...