New to the Forums

dros44

Whats going oneveryone. Just got my 2003 silverado ss in black. Absolutley love it. Would want nothing else but that truck. I just installed the new corsa exhaust and was looking at CAI and one of those Grantelli High-Flow Mass Air Sensor also a Chip. Has anyone tried a the Air seonsor? If you have what were the results. Thank you very much. And i lvoe all of your guys input it helps out alot.

Welcome to the board. As for the MAF...I used one with a CAI (K&N FIPIK) and saw real gains (not SOTP) at the track. Nothing huge but averaged .1 better at the track. I made a post like a year ago stating my times with various bolt-ons. HOWEVER, the forum got the better of me and I removed the MAF when I had the PCM reprogramed (1st of 8 reprograms) and put the stock one back on. I noticed no loss (SOTP). I will agree with the forum, the money for the aftermarket MAF should be spent elsewhere. :sigh: I just had the MAF from my '99 that I traded in on the SS so I figured what the heck.

Good luck with your mods! :driving:

try the n/a route a nice stall, heads/cam, pcm tune. I still am not to crazy about headers for the ss. cai is still in controversy however I like the do it yourselfers. nos is just gonna kill your engine. I think mine is suffering bad. most of the other stuff is kinda a waste. e-fans will prob overheat your engine, changing t-body is a waste. under drive pulley will cause false knock. Which i found out to late after shelling out the money.

try the n/a route a nice stall, heads/cam, pcm tune.    I still am not to crazy about headers for the ss.  cai is still in controversy however I like the do it yourselfers.  nos is just gonna kill your engine.  I think mine is suffering bad.  most of the other stuff is kinda a waste.  e-fans will prob overheat your engine, changing t-body is a waste.  under drive pulley will cause false knock.    Which i found out to late after shelling out the money.

I kinda went this way well except for the headers. Eventually we will have to mix in a Turbo or a vett :)

thanx alot guys. I checked out the pcm tune but i dont know if it would void the warranty. After all i still am pretty young with a college budget lol. I need all the breaks I can get. And the corsa exhaust sounds amazing. Especially at idle. And thanx 4 the info on the MAS. I think im gonna try it. And def a CAI. Thanx alot for your info and im hapy to be an elite member of this ss silverado club, home of the greatest pickup truck lol.

Don't waste your money on a mass air sensor. For less than what you pay for it you can have a custom tune from PCMFORLESS. The mass air sensor only fools the computer, it doesn't change it. Besides the PCM tune will also give you improvements in your transmission shifting along with the horsepower gains.

Don't do the MAF go right for the PCM!!

Don't waste your money on a mass air sensor. For less than what you pay for it you can have a custom tune from PCMFORLESS. The mass air sensor only fools the computer, it doesn't change it.  Besides the PCM tune will also give you improvements in your transmission shifting along with the horsepower gains.

Don't do the MAF go right for the PCM!!

:withstupid:

Archived