Camshaft swap cost

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope just didn't waste my time with them.

Another great post from you.

Keep dropping those Bills, I'll keep picking them up.

Whats so bad about my advice??? You asked a question. I answered. Im the type of person who goes the extra step when I can as it doesnt hurt. if you already knew the answers to your questions why bother asking??

Love the attitude for no reason.

Didnt say it was necessary, but why not replace it with a high pressure/volume one?? It will increase oiling capabilities.

That comes down to the individual. I saw no reason to replace mine. I laid out all the parts required for the swap. Nothing more. I gave the members here my experience with it. I do see your reasoning, but in my case I just didn't see the need I replacing it.

I'll say it again cause I few of the "older" members, well actually just one, can't seem to grasp the concept, this is what I did. That's the parts I used. In the end, it's up to the individual.

Whats so bad about my advice??? You asked a question. I answered. Im the type of person who goes the extra step when I can as it doesnt hurt. if you already knew the answers to your questions why bother asking??

Love the attitude for no reason.

I wasn't directing that towards you. I appreciate your advice, you help the forum out.

That post was for sprayed. Sorry for the confusion.

I did my cam at 95k no oil pump here either. I didn't see why messing with it if it works fine. I didn't replace my timing chain either it was still pretty tight and not showing wear.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

This is true just let the guy state his experience. Sure there's always more you can do, if someone gets a turbo setup and doesn't add a meth kit, is the person wrong? I understand the pump is something that's along the way of the install but if he doesn't have to and doesn't want change it's not like his mods aren't gonna work. Yeah I agree I'd change the extra parts out for piece mind, but if someone doesn't feel the need to then let them be. If someone is contributing to the site by sharing their experience regardless of the type of experience I think it's all resourceful info. And take what you can from it. If your worried a newb is gonna along and read some misleading info then make some wrong decisions, then I think it'd be the newbs fault for not having a better judgement and resourcing more information.

OP I appreciate the post

What pissed me off is, he basically acted like I cut corners and did it wrong.....

I have posted nothing wrong. I haven't said anything that will screw up a newb. If you want to replace the like pump and timing set then by all means go for it! My motor doesn't have enough miles on it to justify it.

That list is the absolute minimum parts required to swap in a healthy camshaft.

Basically just trolled my thread. Posted absolute useless garbage.

In my opinion, not replacing the oil pump isnt the item that should be in question here.....its stall converter and injectors.

Sure, any slap dick can install a camshaft. And any slap dick can do it on a budget as there are things you dont have to do. But reaping the benifits of the money spent is what counts here. I could care less what your truck sounds like from the donkey dick camshaft you just replaced. What I do care about is how the said truck comes out of the hole and 60fts as well as traps.

^already got 3200 stall and injectors! IMO TC should be one of the first mods.

Again though, that falls out of the context of this thread. A lot of what you mentioned is common sense. I can't, and won't idiot proof my threads. Kinda like replacing cylinder heads, it goes without saying you need new head gaskets lol.

I have big plans for this truck. I don't plan on selling it ever sooo. But in the future I believe I'll just keep my mods to myself.

Waid

Edited by onebadmax (see edit history)

In closing, any slap dick can spend 30k on a truck and only run 11s.

X2 I see a lot of that too.

You shouldn't have to idiot proof any of your threads, I'm with you on that. I see it happen a lot on this site, maybe it comes as a perk after a couple years on the site or just comes down to the person being a slap dick to start off with.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in an agreeance with your OneBadMax, That you don't have to break the bank to have a nice cam swap.... I couldnt justify a new oil pump and timing set with only 45K on my truck 6 years ago... I too only did cam, springs, pushrods, gaskets, and milled my heads just a little, and my truck has run flawlessly since then even 9K miles later with 54K on it now and supercharged with meth and nitrous.. I may only drive my truck on nice summer days, but when I do I run her hard.... I do agrre with 2BFast with the TC and injectors...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)