$2000 what should I do first ???

SuperSport6.0

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just don't like the sound it has from bouncing off the ground. but don't just take my opinion cuz im sure there are some mufflers that would sound good dumped. just none of the ones ive heard. most people that due the fan conversion start by looking at junkyards and stuff and take them out of silverados the same model. i think there are some out of Camaros that will work but not certain on that. theres a thread on the site about which ones to use and the cheapest route, just have to find it.

Pacesetter long tubes approx $400

X pipe or y pipe $150

Muffler of choice $150

Circle D 3-3200 stall guessing $400-450 now.

Shift kit $150?

Servos idk what they retail for but should be less then $100

Tune depending who you use, $200-$350

Oh and you run a trans cooler, I bought one an haven't installed it but it'll extend the trans life. You'll notice the most gains seat of the pants improvement from a torque converter, with or without a cam. I have a stall and no cam, a cam wouldn't hurt but I don't have to have one.

sounds like a good start for your truck. make sure you get stainless headers or you will be dealing with major rust considering your from rhode island. OBX is a good substitute for a great price.

no do not do a stall yet until you need it. you dont know if your going cam and if so what size or the boosted route.

3200 is a good all around stall. A good converter WILL pick his performance up more than any other mod he has listed. Bang for the buck wise, you can't beat a good converter upgrade.

I ran my truck with a 3200 stall with the stock cam and it was an absolute blast to drive. I don't know where all this nonsense about having to have a big cam before doing a converter upgrade started, but it needs to stop.

Will the tune fix my weak transmission shifts too? If so what does a shift kit an servo do?

What do you mean by weak transmission shifts?how many miles on the truck because all the go fast good won't mean anything if your tranny is bad.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I think OP needs to use the search for button to decide what would be best for his needs. Because we can probably all debate our own opinions all day, but it's really going to come down to what will suit his needs and only he's going to know that.

I gave my thoughts based on a budget and what a setup I think will suit anyone's needs and be a very well power booster. Only thing you could change is the headers from pacesetters to obx as mentioned, if you live in a rusty area.

Edited by BLOWN SS/T (see edit history)

3200 is a good all around stall. A good converter WILL pick his performance up more than any other mod he has listed. Bang for the buck wise, you can't beat a good converter upgrade.

I ran my truck with a 3200 stall with the stock cam and it was an absolute blast to drive. I don't know where all this nonsense about having to have a big cam before doing a converter upgrade started, but it needs to stop.

nonsense? so its smart to throw a 3200 stall in a truck before you know your futuristic plans? so then you have to re-stall? yes thats the smart way. if he goes with a magnacharger 3200 is to high and if he goes with a decent size cam 3200 is to small. whats nonsense is putting the carriage before the horse.

and if hes not doing the work himself pulling a transmission + reinstall + the price of a good converter will eat up his whole budget

Dude, 2k isn't gonna buy a Maggie. And 3200 isn't too high, upper limit yes, too high no. He said he's doing the work himself. I'm telling the guy how to get the most performance for the least coin. His budget is enough for everything I mentioned, so long as he does the wrenching.

I'm not going to argue with you any more. But the stock converter sucks. Tune + bolt ons is still slow as hell. He knows what direction he is ultimately going, so he will be able to decide what stall range to look at. 3200 was merely a suggestion. No carriage before the horse here.