Fuel Saver

I read through a lot of the information on their site,and was surprised at how dated the information was, the exception being the Keep'n Track page (c5 Vette). Although I am not an engineer, but I somewhat understand what they are trying to accomplish. I am really curious as to how much it costs, as I never did find that on their site.

I am also curious since technology has improved since this was introduced, if the 22% increase would be less on a newer vehicle versus an older vehicle. Their claim of a 3 point octane increase would save money, buy plus instead of premium fuel. I would try it if the cost is not outrageous. I think a 10-15% increase might be realistic.

Just my .02

I believe it was around $100.  It's been in the news again lately, but this site had the most info.  A supply normally last 30k miles.

$100 bucks

I've made a lot of $100 mistakes in my lifetime. This could be snake oil, but maybe actually has some merit. They do have the patent and the one article about the oil companies wanting to buy or buying the patent as long as it wasn't shelved, did pique my interest.

Hmmm, looks interesting. I did look up and read the entire text of the patent, and the theory sounds plausible. I am also curious why they do not seem to have been highly successful if the product does, in fact, work as well as claimed.

I suppose improved efficiency of modern engines could explain decreased effectiveness of (and interest in) this product. For example, if it can improve mileage by 20% on pre-OBDII vehicles, but only 8-10% on newer vehicles, then the product barely pays for itself in fuel cost savings. Now, with increasing fuel costs, this 10% might become worthwhile again. But then there is the added maintenance of keeping the reservoir filled and working properly...

If anybody tries this, please let us know your results.

I'm a fairly open minded guy, but I've tried several of these type items, and read plenty of reports from Consumers Report Magazine, and none of them helped. Not the Tornado, Vortex wind swirling intake device... not the magnatized fuel atom straightener that wraps around the fuel line, Not the aero device that is nothing more than a fan blade bolted inside an exhaust tip that is supposed to draw the exhaust out of the pipes faster and increase combustion efficiency... pretty much everything that has been marketed has been done so for one reason. To make the seller money.

I am currently using split fire double platinum tipped spark plugs in my 1991 C-1500 5.7 TBI and didn't notice a ounce more power, or better mileage. All they did was get my 5.00 per plug or whatever it was....

Lesson learned! I'll stick to regular tune ups for mileage, and proven bolt on products for HP gains. Best bang for the buck is still nitrous, but my bottles would always be empty, so they wouldn't do me much good!

Caveat Emptor!

I'm a fairly open minded guy, but  I've tried several of these type items, and read plenty of reports from Consumers Report Magazine, and none of them helped. Not the Tornado, Vortex wind swirling intake device... not the magnatized fuel atom straightener that wraps around the fuel line, Not the aero device that is nothing more than a fan blade bolted inside an exhaust tip that is supposed to draw the exhaust out of the pipes faster and increase combustion efficiency... pretty much everything that has been marketed has been done so for one reason. To make the seller money.

I am currently using split fire double platinum tipped spark plugs in my 1991 C-1500 5.7 TBI and didn't notice a ounce more power, or better mileage. All they did was get my 5.00 per plug or whatever it was....

Lesson learned!  I'll stick to regular tune ups for mileage, and proven bolt on products for HP gains. Best bang for the buck is still nitrous, but my bottles would always be empty, so they wouldn't do me much good!

Caveat Emptor!

:withstupid::ughdance:

Archived